This challenge hit my inbox this morning. $200K in prize money and a good cause for the world. The solution space is wide open, but at a minimum, the C3.ai COVID-19 Data Lake must be used as one source of data.
Here’s the link for anyone who may be interested: C3.ai Covid-19 Grand Challenge
It’s a little different than a Kaggle competition with a clear set of metrics. The winners will be judged on data science projects that help us understand and mitigate the spread of the virus; improve the response capabilities of the medical community; minimize the impact of this disease on society and help policymakers navigate responses to COVID-19
Projects may address, but are not limited to:
- Applying machine learning and other AI methods to mitigate the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Genome-specific COVID-19 medical protocols, including precision medicine of host responses
- Biomedical informatics methods for drug design and repurposing
- Design and sharing of clinical trials for collecting data on medications, therapies, and interventions
- Modeling, simulation, and prediction for understanding COVID-19 propagation and efficacy of interventions
- Logistics and optimization analysis for design of public health strategies and interventions
- Rigorous approaches to designing sampling and testing strategies
- Data analytics for COVID-19 research harnessing private and sensitive data
- Improving societal resilience in response to the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Broader efforts in biomedicine, infectious disease modeling, response logistics and optimization, public health efforts, tools, and methodologies around the containment of rising infectious diseases and response to pandemics.