Apl-Study Notebook Prose

I’m back from a nice long vacation and I am just starting to tackle adding some additional prose and cleaning up the apl-study notebooks we built together. I am attempting to add prose that is very beginner friendly as I think the APL docs and APL wiki already do a good job documenting the fine details in a very specific way that an expert would find valuable.

If anyone is interested in collaborating on this let me know! There’s a lot to do :slight_smile:

Here’s my PR for the first notebook

4 Likes

Amazing! I’ll be happy to exist if you need anything clarified, checked for factual correctness, etc.

3 Likes

The 1st two notebooks are now live:

https://fastai.github.io/apl-study/functions.html

BTW @Ezno you might want to add ⍝| include: false to the cells at the start of notebooks that set the boxing. AFAIK it should work correctly

2 Likes

Looks great. I’ve submitted an issue for minor corrections in those two notebooks.

4 Likes

Great! I just submitted a PR for the last of those changes. Thank you!

1 Like

Woohoo - Just did a PR for notebook 04. Didn’t get through the full thing yet, but most of it has some prose. I believe @F73x is working on notebook 03 and will have a PR for some prose in that notebook soon as well.

I just watched lecture 1 of the new fastai course on stable diffusion and it was :fire:, so I am thinking I will be working with stable diffusion for a while. I plan to finish the rest of the apl-study documentation at some point, but not sure when that will be. Maybe in a few months.

1 Like