Anyone starting the course July 2019

@ltirrell Sure. I was stuck at lesson 1 for a while (mostly distracted by a lot content available on Internet :slight_smile: )

I will start lesson 2 next week.

I am also using Google colab and found it straightforward.

How do I get this all working in Spyder? I canā€™t figure it out. Canā€™t even import fastai without an error

IDK much but would suggest using colab or any other service .

1 Like

Use the anaconda python distribution

can we guys form a group on signal or discord ?

1 Like

I built a traffic classifier that would take CCTV images and decide if itā€™s heavy_traffic or not. Not sure if I am doing it right but I got 6% error rate using Resnet50 which seems pretty good.

I have some screenshots at my Twitter: https://twitter.com/jjsee/status/1166972223732584448

It was actually quite straight forward to build this as I only have to modify lesson-2 slightly to fit my classes.

2 Likes

I used pandas for reading .json files in the PASCAL dataset and it is throwing an error ā€œArrays must be all same lengthā€.Does anyone have any suggestions to correct the error or any other way to read the .json files. Stack Overflow is not helpingā€¦

I started following you on twitter and like Jeremy said itā€™s really really hard to overfit a deep learning model so you are in a good spot with that 6 percent error, good work :slight_smile:

I am in love with google colab. Free + connectivity with google drive+ easy setup+good community in fastai to help with colab. <3

1 Like

This is such a good idea. Have you guys already formed one?

I like Sypder alot but no no for DataScience

Iā€™m getting this same error. Did you find a solution? Iā€™ve tried reinstalling pytorch, but no luck.

Disregard. I found my problem, didnā€™t have an Nvidia driver installed.

1 Like