Anyone from Bangalore, India

Hey

I am currently at lesson 2. Need help regarding the dogscats redux. When I try to run the code, I get resource exhaust error on my 4 GB graphics card. Any idea on how to deal with this? The code runs fine, albeit very slow when using CPU.
I am using keras with tensorflow backend and theano image ordering.

Most likely, the images you are feeding to the model.fit() do not have enough space on the GPU. Try reducing the batch_size and see if it works.

Also, make sure you use the correct image ordering based on the backend you use. Theano and TF follow a different image data format.

1 Like

HI All,

I am currently in Coimbatore , coming to Bangalore on 17th May . Would anyone be interested in a small meet up. I am currently working part-2 of this course.

Thanks,
Vishnu

@VishnuSubramanian Sure. That works. Meetup on a weekday evening or a weekend sometime? Let me know what works out for you. Anyone else interested in joining?

1 Like

If few more are interested , then we can probably come up with few topics to discuss. I was thinking about a regular meetup , like the one Jeremy suggested in his last lecture. Couple of months back I attended a meetup on AI in Bangalore. The quality was poor. It would be great if we can work on building a community here at India who can help others .

That’d be great. We can maybe kick off something new here. Before that, we will have to come up with some good presentations so that we could build a community. How do you suggest we take this forward?

1 Like

Lets wait till the end of the week . Based on that we will decide when to meet next week. I am comfortable either with a week day or weekend. Looking at the forums , I strongly believe that we do not have a lot many from India who are participating . So we may need to start with something basic and then move on. For next week we will try to have a small meetup within us, who are already a part of fast.ai.

Sounds good. Let’s see how many people are in. We shall take a call early next week.

1 Like

Am waiting.:slight_smile:

You are right. I tried that and it works now. I forgot that the images are high resolution images and thus more memory is required. Thanks!

Hello ,

I am From India

I am In Lesson 1 , duing the execution of
vgg = Vgg16()
# Grab a few images at a time for training and validation.
# NB: They must be in subdirectories named based on their category
batches = vgg.get_batches(path+‘train’, batch_size=batch_size)
val_batches = vgg.get_batches(path+‘valid’, batch_size=batch_size*2)
vgg.finetune(batches)
vgg.fit(batches, val_batches, nb_epoch=1)

The Below Error Occured :-

ValueError: Dimension 0 in both shapes must be equal, but are 3 and 64 for ‘Assign_7’ (op: ‘Assign’) with input shapes: [3,3,224,64], [64,3,3,3].

If You Could Help me Understand the issue…

Check your environment and the version of the software you are using. Try to use the same as shown in the class.

Hi guys! How about we meet this weekend( Saturday) at Starbucks. I would love for us to discuss applications rather than just discussing papers. I would love to talk about my recent experiments with Tensorflow serving, Caffe2 and floydhub. Maybe discuss a simple prisma clone I built with each of them.

Hey @karthik_k314, sounds good. @VishnuSubramanian, can you make it?
Shall we take this discussion offline?
EDIT: I pinged you on fast.ai slack.

1 Like

@binga @VishnuSubramanian @karthik_k314 I am remote basically from bangalore but happy to help to build a community of AI.
Also checkout

which myself and Sravya have organizing.

Meetup : https://www.meetup.com/USF-Seminar-Series-in-Analytics/events/239243015/

1 Like

Thank you @janardhanp22 for the link. I did watch your video livestream :slight_smile:
We will keep you in loop for all our Bangalore conversations!

2 Likes

Apologise guys. Was sick for last few days. So could not make it.

Hi Guys, I am also from Bangalore and recently started with the course. Would be amazing to join and discuss as a group either online or in a meetup.
Please let me know if there is already a group where i can join and take things from there!

Hi Guys , I am also from Bangalore. I am interested and if you are looking for space I can arrange for a meet up . How can I contact you guys

Hi ,
I am also from Bangalore and started with the course recently.
Please let me know if there is already a group where i can join and take things from there.
As for set up… were there nay specific tweaks for people accessing aws instances from India…?