AMA Interview with Rachel Thomas | Chai Time Data Science Podcast

Hi Everyone!

It’s really a big privilege and I’m really excited to be announcing the AMA with our teacher and guru: Rachel!

If you have any questions for Rachel, Please send them as replies to this thread, I’ll try my best to include them.

I have learned a lot about ethics from Rachel and that’s one theme that I’ll definitely be talking about along with Math & Blogging. Although I invite any suggestions/questions along or outside of the theme.

About:
This will be published on the Chai Time Data Science Podcast , the interview will be released in Video and Audio

Thanks in advance and Thank you Rachel!
Best Regards,
Sanyam Bhutani.

5 Likes

My question for Rachel:

What is your advice for a female trying to navigate Deep Learning field? As a newbie, I sometimes afraid to ask a question or clarification because the question is too basic or maybe even stupid… Thank you in advance!

My question to Rachel,

If your daughter is about to start soon her first job in the real world, what book/s would advise her to read?

And also, I would like to take this opportunity to thank Rachel for her hard work, especially in this hard times. You are an inspiration for all of us!

Even though you have many medical problems, what is that one thing that keep you motivated to do what you are doing?

Hi Rachel,

A couple of months back, you tweeted asking for the best arguments in favor of using cutting-edge technology for mass surveillance, and someone posted Nick Bostrom’s Vulnerable World Hypothesis paper in reply. I was wondering what you think of this paper and its arguments.

Hi Rachel

Is there any downside with Federated learning? Especially Homomorphic encryption.