About the Part 1 (2020) category

This is good news, I’ve been planning to revisit the ML course for a long time now. Sounds like a step towards presenting FastAI as a general-purpose tunable-computing framework.

1 Like

I’ve been away from the forums and fastai for a bit now. I got back to it because of your fastaiv2 paper and blog post. Thanks for the invite, I’ll try and keep active! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @herchu.
Thanks for you calendar online. I see that you gave a title to all lessons. Where did you find this information? I checked the course page and did not find it. Thank you.

1 Like

In a bold and shameless move I assumed that the general layout of the course would be similar to the past run given that the number and length of the classes are the same.

Surely a good hypothesis but since it is a new course, it could have changes. @jeremy: is it possible to have your course program or is it too early? Thank you.

If you’ve missed it, good idea to “watch” this thread, since all the official announcements will be there. Pretty sure that it’ll get updates as we go along.

As you’ve probably noticed from past courses, a lot is developed up until, and during, the course. So we’re never able to provide a program up-front.

1 Like

Ah then you should remove the titles. No course yet has followed the same structure as any previous course, so I doubt this will either.

1 Like

Oh. I’m sorry. I’ll do it right now.
edit: Done. Wait for a few minutes please, to show the changes up.

1 Like

Thanks Suvash. I put the “Watching” alert on this thread :slight_smile:

1 Like

About the study groups:

This year we’re trying something new: we’re opening up fast.ai Live to allow all participants that wish to do so to host study groups.

Here’s how it works: if you’d like to organize a meetup for other folks in your town, club, or workplace to get together and watch the fast.ai Live stream together, or the recordings (no more than 24 hours after the live stream, please, so you stay up to date with the discussions), then you have our permission to do so.

Hi Jeremy. You have given your permission to use fastai v2 videos in a meetup even with people not registered here. Thank you so much!

A question: do you authorize the use of these videos as material in a Deep Learning course at the university? The reason for my question is as follows: the fastai v1 material is already used in some university courses and in Brazil, the first semester begins in March. Therefore, it would be great to use the new course and fastai v2, not the old ones.

Yes that’s generally fine, but we would look anyone who’s charging money to use our materials to contact us first to ensure they’re being used appropriately.

2 Likes

Thank you for your answer. In the case I mentioned, I thought in particular of a DL course at the public university of Brasilia. With your answer in hand, I will contact the university staff and get back to you with more information.

1 Like

WOW!!! Super Excited!!! Thanks a lot @jeremy This post actually made my day… so sorry for replying late as was super duper busy in many things on personal and professional level.

Thank you for the invitation! Although it is not feasible for me to attend the live streams, I will definitely watch the recorded sessions. Will the new course be based on fastai2? It would be very helpful to have advance info on setting up the environment before the course begins. Cheers!

Great to hear, what a buzz: I’m in, can’t wait.
Peter Kelly

Pro-Tip, if you’d like to hide the Study group threads:

Please select None in the list of sub-categories in Part 1(2020)

3 Likes

for fastai Live if we miss the live stream will we get access to the you tube video only in July or will it be uploaded the same week?
Thank you :slight_smile:

We’re going to start in two weeks!! Can’t wait :grin:

1 Like

Hard luck for me.

I de boarded my plane last second.

I hope I get to meet Jeremy someday. :frowning:

2 Likes