Please use this category to discuss covid-19. Focus particularly on content likely to be of interest to this community - i.e. data driven, technical, practical, accessible. If you’re working on a project, feel free to create a topic and ask for help! Note: you need to read for 10 mins and look at 3 posts before the system lets you create a new topic.
This is a wiki post, so feel free to edit this to add links to data sources, modeling tools, important threads, and so forth:
(Please include details like update frequency, format, scope, fields, etc)
This is a fastai related project, made with fastpages, an open source blogging platform with special features for Jupyter Notebooks. This dashboard has helpful visualizations and links to datasets, and is 100% open source. Furthermore, each dashboard is created with a Jupyter notebook so you can see where the data comes from with all of the code. Pull requests are welcome – showcase your modeling and visualization skills!
- Data is updated every hour by GitHub Actions
- Primary data source is the John Hopkins COVID-19 Data Repository, which is updated several times daily. However there are other datasets
- There has been over 200,000 page views at the time of this writing, so great way to get visibility for your projects.
- A great way to get familiar with fastpages
- Source: University of Toronto School of Public Health
- Updates: Daily
- Format: Google docs spreadsheet (3 tabs)
- Scope: Canada and 12 subregions (Provinces, Territories)
- Fields: See the 2nd tab in the spreadsheet for details.
(Including tutorials, simulation models, machine learning models, etc)
- Bayesian modeling of growth rate predictions, by Thomas Wiecki one of the authors of PyMC3 - Resources:
- Fill me in!