A different variant of accuracy_thresh

I propose a different variant of accuracy_thresh that can be used to calculate what fractions examples are classified perfectly in multiclass classification problems.

For the following, I will assume thresh=0.5. The current accuracy_thresh function calculates for each examples what fraction of classes where identified correctly. For example, in a face classification problem, if the true labels are “bald, not smiling” and the predicted labels are “bald, smiling”, then 50% of the classes where identified correctly. accuracy_thresh computes the mean of these fractions over all examples.

Instead, it can be useful to only consider a classification a success if all the classes are identified correctly. Effectively, this means setting the above mentioned fractions to 0 if they are not 1, and then calculate the mean.

The function would look like this:

def multilabel_accuracy(y_pred, y_true, tresh):
    y_pred = y_pred > tresh
    y_true = y_true.byte()

return (y_pred == y_true).all(1).float().mean()

If this is deemed useful, I can create a pull request for this. It would also be possible to make this an optional parameter for accuracy_thresh. What do you think?

I think it should be an option to the current accuracy_thresh: all=False that could be set to true when someone wants to use it.
It’s a good idea, you should make a PR with it.

What if the target is like [1,7] but the network predicted [1,5,7]. What will be the accuracy then?