2022 Study Group Anyone?

Great study group session. Here are the Homework/agenda items for next week.

1. Review and play with the tabular data example (Linear model and neural net from scratch | Kaggle)

2)Start NLP lecture: Note - this was the final lecture in the old course lecture but is now lesson 4 in the new course lecture.

Begin review and come to next week’s session with thoughts/feedback.

Lastly, we will use the following Kaggle competition to test out our tabular data model chops.

See you next week.

FastAI Study Group 2022
Tuesday, August 9 · 8:00 – 9:00pm EST.
Google Meet joining info
Video call link: https://meet.google.com/cne-kgdn-uew

@bbrown would you like me to move this to the 2022 course forum category?

Yes, that would be great @jeremy! We plan to go through the new lecture content so that can help us recruit more learners to our study group.

You are doing such a noble service to the world with this course and I know I speak for my study group, thank you for building such a robust and thoughtful curriculum like no other!

We of course would welcome the opportunity to schedule a FAQ with you during your “faculty office hours”. I would be remiss if I didn’t ask on behalf of our little montly crew.

1 Like

Done!

Hey @bbrown and @Mukeshraj I’ve just had some chaotic stuff come up today. I can’t make it to the call.

Let’s catch up as soon as we can.

Reposted from @bbrown

Tonight we will cover different accuracy functions and consider how to determine which one to use.

FastAI Study Group 2022
Tuesday, August 16 · 8:00 – 9:00pm EST
Google Meet joining info
Video call link: https://meet.google.com/bnx-szgb-hxf

When do you all start 2022 lectures ?

Hi @bahman_apl we have already started at the first lecture and we do take our time in building up our intuition within each lesson.

This week’s session and next week are canceled as I am going on vacation with the family to enjoy the last days of summer. But we will be back up and running on Sept. 13. @ 7pm (@willsa14 see you in September!).
~Bryon

2 Likes

Sounds good, have a great vacation!

Hi , Is everyone welcome to join this study group ? I’ve been searching for one for a long time now and would love to join .

1 Like

hi am just starting out :wink:

Hi, I am searching for a studygroup.can anyone recommend one?

Rough start @willsa14 I thought I added this for our session tonight…sorry:(

8-9pm Sep 13 EST

Sessions are each week ? Sep 20 same time , Same link ?
Thx

I usually post the link the day of the study group but it is every tuesday @ 8pm EST.

1 Like

Hey @bbrown, able to join today?

HI Folks,

The family came down with a bad cold this week so I have to cancel today’s study group.

But for next week here is the agenda.

1. Overview NLP text generation use case with HuggingFace
  2. Review of lecture 1 and 2

Hi @willsa14 i thought i sent this out. sorry family all sick today :frowning:

Sorry to hear that! Y’all take care and I’ll talk to you next week!

Would I be able to join?