Pre-release part 2 videos

See below for pre-release part 2 videos. Please do not distribute this to public channels such as twitter, blogs etc; I don’t want to publicly announce this until it’s complete. Notebooks and python modules are available at https://github.com/jph00/part2 .

We did not use wiki.fast.ai for this part of the course, but instead created forum wiki threads. Each lesson’s thread is linked below next to each video.

28 Likes

Since Part 2 is now visible to the public, this thread is also available to everybody. If we don’t want to distribute this yet, maybe @jeremy you want to list it somewhere else?

Thank you @jeremy to share it with the forum users !
I learned a lot from them.
I have written a publication on medium relatively to a previous post where I made a comparison of basic built-in functions per framework (necessary for paper replication).
I titled it : Basic neural networks patterns it is worth for a researcher to know, by platform

Any comment or suggestion are welcome.

Thanks.

1 Like

I posted on #part1 that the pre-release videos are now available to all. It’s a trial run so we can get feedback before the official launch.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing, @Kjeanclaude! Congratulations on creating this. It’s definitely useful information. I think there’s two things that could make this more effective:

• Get a native English speak to edit your post. Current it is clear what you’re saying, but it sounds a little awkward to a native ear. Although it shouldn’t matter, unfortunately most people tend to associate non-native speech with lower credibility, so this is an important issue to deal with
  • Move your table from the spreadsheet into a standard web page (e.g. blog post). You could, for instance, have a paragraph for each section, and the list the comparative approaches as a standard <ul> or <dl> list.

Thank you very much @jeremy for your advice, I will take it into account and bring some improvements. I am firstly a french native and suggestions from native English are welcome.
I would also appreciate if you could give some examples of expression to review.
Thank you.

I’m afraid I don’t have time at the moment to provide specific editorial help - maybe one of your fellow international fellows could help?

OK @jeremy, thank you very much. I will review it and ask for the opinion of native English on, then publish it on my personal website.

this course is so great. thanks @jeremy.
just finishing part1, fighting for part2:grinning:

Hi @jeremy in the intro of part 2 you mentioned you would be discussing Sequential models (RNN, etc) for structured sequential data , e.g. irregular time-series. I’m not able to find which lecture-video covers that. Could you please point me to it? Thanks!

I don’t recall saying “irregular” time series. Lesson 14 covers time series in general. For irregular data, see http://arxiv.org/abs/1701.06675

Thanks @jeremy yes “irregular” was my addition :slight_smile: and thank you for that additional reference!

@jeremy why did you decide to not use the wiki? For those that missed the signed up and are following along after the forums can be difficult to navigate…

1 Like

I agree with @adhamh.
The course so far is great (as expected!) but it using the forum is not very practical.

If @jeremy is (understandably) busy maybe we can split the job among a few of us of creating those pages on wiki.fast.ai?

1 Like

It seemed easier to create wiki pages on the forum. There didn’t seem to be many people using the original wiki. If some folks are open to creating a set of wiki pages for part 2, I’d be thrilled!