Welcome to the 2022 fast.ai course!

Thank you, @jeremy for giving us so much! I am eagerly looking forward to the course, and especially the dissection of the Transformer architecture that youā€™ll do!

8 Likes

Superb, soo happy to receive this invite. Eagerly waiting for the lessons.

1 Like

Oh wow, that was a long time since I participated in the course! And many changes happened in the Deep Learning landscape. Would be great to know Jeremyā€˜s opinion on the recent trends, like multi-billion parameter LMs and Transformers in general. The fast.ai courses was the first place where I learned about applying transfer knowledge for NLP. So maybe weā€™ll get some great insights this time as well :slight_smile:

3 Likes

WOW! thanks a lot Geremy, for this new course and for sending me an invite, I am so very happy about this invite.

Infinite Thanks and blessings for all you give Geremy.

2 Likes

Thank you @jeremy for welcoming us! Looking forward to learning more stuff.

Is it already cool/acceptable to publish new topics in this 2022 forum about anything related to fastai?

Sure feel free. :slight_smile: Best to use this thread unless itā€™s an issue large enough to need its own thread: General course chat

4 Likes

Correction: I wrote originally ā€œNote that in the US this will be April 25th.ā€ But thatā€™s wrong. Itā€™s actually first thing in the morning April 26th.

4 Likes

Iā€™m so happy to hear that your courses are staring up again. Theyā€™ve already made an incredible difference in my life. I hope youā€™ll let us know how youā€™ve been doing these last couple of years and how your plans to boot up Deep Learning in Australia are going. Thanks very much for inviting us! :smiley:

3 Likes

Iā€™m so very happy to be here! Iā€™m looking forward to the course and Iā€™m reading the book again to be better prepared. Beyond the content, Iā€™m also eager to enjoy those practical pearls of advise that are dropped casually during the classes, and to reconnect with this fantastic community. Thank you!

5 Likes

Letā€™s go!

Glad to have the course back and glad to be back with the community to enjoy it. A couple of things ā€¦

First, for folks new and old, Iā€™m blogging the relevant part 1 portions of the fastbook at ohmeow.com (and yes, I will be done before lesson 1).

Second, for folks looking to get a jumpstart with training transformers with fastai, I just released version 1 of my blurr library and also posted a blurrified version of one of Jeremyā€™s notebooks that shows how to use it for a regression problem.

See yā€™all on the forums, discord, twitter, etcā€¦ etcā€¦

19 Likes

Thank you so much @jeremy, happy to receive an invite.
Looking forward to learning new stuff!!

1 Like

Thanks a lot for inviting me @jeremy . Canā€™t wait to learn more on the transformers, as I know you always have amazing insights to give :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is the only course I take every time it comes out. Even if it starts from the basics: thereā€™s always something new, Jeremy & Rachel have this independent way of researching thatā€™s just :man_cook:t2::pinched_fingers:, and this community is the best and most accessible way to get into ML.

I started here years ago and learned ML hand in hand w software dev. Now coming from industry Iā€™m looking forward to seeing whatā€™s new to learn and helping out.

Thanks a lot for the invite, I really appreciate it.

5 Likes

Thank you so much for the updated course. Looking forward to learn and contribute.

1 Like

Glad to hear the course is offered again and thanks for the invite. @jeremy your teaching is incredible and fast.ai is generous to offer such learning opportunities for everyone. Eager to learn new material on Transformers from you as I tend to suggest this to one of my PhD student who is trying to develop an AI model to generate Python code from clinical documents.

5 Likes

Thanks for the invite Jeremy. Feels good to be back :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m looking forward to it. :+1:

wonderful!, itā€™s always a great day for the AI community when fast.ai releases something, looking forwards :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Itā€™s been a while for me - thanks for including me this time!

3 Likes