Weights and Biases Introduction

This is an important point – I don’t have this use-case myself, and it’s a critical foundation of what wandb is all about, so I’m not really a great person to comment on whether it does it well or not!

4 Likes

I have not fully explored this myself yet, but this sounds like a nice way of causing some mayhem on social media :slightly_smiling_face: Presentation of results goes a long way!

1 Like

This will be so helpful as I have been struggling to understand how to set it up! Thank you so much!

1 Like

Looking forward to this. I’ll try my best to join live if it’s held 3pm+ CET sometime early-mid week.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s a good point. Interesting enough that at my work, we mostly use DIY reporting solutions. I guess that some years ago W&B / Streamlit / etc. didn’t exist or weren’t yet that advanced. But I like the reporting features and dashboards provided by W&B. Would be great to see if this keeps evolving into even more flexible visualization toolkit.

1 Like

I am planning on doing this intro on Friday, June 24, at 10am CET (18h Brisbane Time). I may do a second one for our US folks, later on.

It will be a chilled-out zoom call with time for questions and demos. My idea is not to overwhelm people with W&B features, just give some value straightaway for fastai users.

Link to the meeting: Launch Meeting - Zoom

The password is fastai creator’s last name.

6 Likes

Had a great time discussing W&B with everyone. For the folks in America (not only USA) do we book another session on a more friendly time schedule?

4 Likes
1 Like

@tcapelle can you share the notebooks you had used during the presentation to showcase how to use fast.ai with Weights and Biases?

I got my first wandb project working with fast.ai and I am planning to use it to log my experiments for Paddy competition in Kaggle.

2 Likes

I shared the official wandb fastai example:

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing :pray:

I’m lagging a bit on the forums recently. Any chances these sessions are/will be recorded & published later ?

3 Likes

I will re do this today, and I will record it this time =P

Link: Launch Meeting - Zoom

This is Today Jun 30, at 17:30 CET (8:30 am Los Angeles Time)

password: is fastai creators lastname

3 Likes

Hi Thomas – did you end up publishing the recording anywhere? Super keen to watch it!

2 Likes

Here you go:

pwd: 6v0YJQ#n

It starts at minute 9

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing, Thomas. It’s efforts like this that make the fastai community really cool.

2 Likes

@tcapelle Is this webinar still available somewhere?

We are cooking something even better, is completely based on fastai framework.

3 Likes

When can we expect this course?

It’s there:
wandb.course

2 Likes