Study Group in Seoul, Korea

Anybody participating in Part 1 v3 class this time (UTC+9) ?
We’re gonna watch the class together with a recap right after the class, and a group discussion would follow for further learning. The venue would be Google Campus in Samsung-dong, Gangnam. Feel free to leave a comment below, or just email me at chester.roh@gmail.com . Thanks!

2 Likes

Hey hey,

I am, ‘almost’ your neigbour :stuck_out_tongue:

Cool. I will be watching the class live from Singapore. Too bad…

Nice to meet you, @cedric :slight_smile: We’re just 1-hour away.
Sometimes I don’t understand that why Singpore and Korean time is just 1-hour difference, which takes 6 hours of flight by the way ( even though we just consider the longitudinal distance, it should be more than 3-hours time difference. )

1 Like

When you look back, don’t be surprised on how little the avionics and airlines industry have progressed for the past 100 years. I hope innovations like SpaceX’s forthcoming mega-rocket (codenamed BFR for short) can fulfill our dream of travelling anywhere on Earth in under an hour. :slight_smile: For now, back to DL work.

2 Likes

We can join the livestream by 10:00am Korean time on these dates:

Mon Oct 23
Tue Oct 31
Thu Nov 9
Tue Nov 14
Mon Nov 20
Tue Nov 28
Wed Dec 13

With regards,
Jeremiah

Hi everybody!
I live in Spain. But I go to Seoul a lot. Love the city. So I thought I would join your group here.

Nice to e-meet you!

Hi Andreas, how would participate in our group for discussion?
we’re currently having off-line meetup in Korean. As soon as we get some forum for the collaboration, I’ll let you know.

Should you have any suggestion, let me know :slight_smile:
Good to know, btw ^^

Hi chester!
You are right. Participating in the offline meetups makes no sense since I am in Spain right now.
But I might be back in Seoul in a couple of months! So let’s keep in touch. :slight_smile:

Let me know when you are back to Seoul :slight_smile:

Hello @chester and @cedric, I just launched a discussion thread on fastai study groups to gather feedbacks from the organizers and participants in order to list the best practices and also to avoid some gaps.

You will find more information in this post. Thank you if you have a few minutes to participate in the discussion :slight_smile:

Hi Pierre. Thanks for letting us know. I am the organizer and represent Asia (Singapore + India + China + Malaysia) study group for Part 1 2019.

I have been super busy for the past months. OK, I will take a look at it the soonest I can.

1 Like

are you still having off-line meetup in Seoul? I just saw this post. I wish I could’ve found this post earlier. :sweat_smile:

1 Like