Study Group in Belgium

Hi :slightly_smiling_face:

There are some Belgium people enrolled, that’s great.
Would you be interested to meet to discuss fast.ai? and join a virtual study group with Slack
Please let me know if you are available.

If not, there are already study groups in Amsterdam and Paris, so we could join them too. :wink:

5 Likes

Hi Alessa,

I live in Brussels (Ixelles), and I would be up for it :slightly_smiling_face:.

I’ve seen that you work in Mons and that you’ve already enrolled in the v2 course last year. Personally I’ve followed dl1 and ml1 thoroughly in the past few months (in addition to Andrew Ng’s deeplearning.ai), but I’ve watched the dl2 videos only once and I never really engaged in Kaggle competitions.

For the dl1 v3 course, I intend to participate actively and I think joining a study group would be a great opportunity!

1 Like

Hi Antoine,

These are great news. We could use the co-working space Digityser (Brussels) for that - I have one or two other colleagues which are up for it.
I will propose some dates, when we can meet. For now we can keep this page for the news, and if more people will be interested we can create a Slack channel.

Cheers :slightly_smiling_face:

Awesome, looking forward to it.

I’ve just updated Jeremy’s List of part 1 study groups accordingly.

2 Likes

Hello ! :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m from Mons and speek French. I had no background in AI/DL but made my Master Thesis in applying DL for super-resolution/image denoising on mobile phones and now just started a PhD in a similar domain.

I have followed this course since v1, as well as the ml and Rachel’s courses but never really participated actively on the forums nor in Kaggle competitions. But now that I have the opportunity to follow the live course and that study groups from my region seem to pop up, I guess it is the perfect time to engage more in the course.

Cannot wait for it to start !

3 Likes

Hey Nathan,

it’s great to meet other fastai aficionados from the area! See you soon

2 Likes

Salut tout le monde,

It’s so great to see this study group being launched. My name is Carlos. I live in Gent. My daily work is all about building SQL reports and automating processes in contact centers. I have been playing around with ML without really been able to come up with a concrete project.
I am looking forward to learning from you. Let’s make ‘neural nets uncool again’ in Belgium.

Definetly up for it !

3 Likes

Nice!

Welcome Carlos! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hello,

My name is Seppe.
I live in Bilzen (close to Tongeren). Last year I finished the Coursera ML course and beginning of 2018 I completed deeplearning.ai courses. Afterwards I did the fast.ai DL1 course and the DL2 lesson 9. I have been playing around with NLP for classifying CVs. I would like to participate in an online study group as my professional and private engagements limit my availability and mobility.

2 Likes

Hello Seppe,

thanks for joining our group!

No problem, I guess we could organize online meetings as well :wink:

1 Like

The live session just ended. Pretty enjoyable. Lots of cool new stuffs. :wink:

1 Like

Welcome everyone :slight_smile:

It is so nice that you are all interested in making a study group in Belgium, I am really enthusiastic about it.

I have created a slack channel fastai-belgium you can join here

If you are interested in Kaggle competitions, we will team up and participate together as a team.

p.s. I am not physical available either for the next 10 days, so meanwhile we can do appear.in, and I propose the first meeting in person to be on 13th of November - Tuesday evening.

Cheers :smiley:

:person_in_steamy_room::woman_in_steamy_room::person_in_steamy_room::person_in_steamy_room::person_in_steamy_room:

1 Like

Thanks Aless :slightly_smiling_face:

See my message on the slack channel.

I would really like to team up and compete together on Kaggle, as it would be a great opportunity to learn from each other, stay motivated, and have fun!

It’s ok for me to meet on 13th/11!

Hi everyone,

I’m Jan Van de Poel from Geel. I ran a mobile development company in Belgium for 6 years and am now focussing on AI and deep learning. I have completed a number of MOOCs (fav1, deeplearning.ai, Ng ML course…) and books on AI and deep learning, and try to write useful blog posts along the way…

Would love to join the group, but as I just became a dad, I’m not sure what my availability in the coming weeks will be…

Looking forward to meeting you all!

PS: here’s some more details on me: https://forums.fast.ai/t/introduce-yourself-here/24988/352

3 Likes

Hey Jan ! First of all, congrats on your child !

I think I already came accross your blog, weren’t you mentionned in last year course ?

Always good to see new Belgian students and hope that this study group will keep growing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello!

Sebastien from Brussels (Uccle), speaking French. I’m a bit late on the meeting but I’m in for an updated slack invitation. :slight_smile:

Also, just started the 2019 MOOC, if anyone would like to meet, I’m in!

Seb

1 Like

Hello everyone,

I’m Chris and I live in Brussels (Ixelles), I have started to learn about ML/DL by taking Andrew Ng’s machine learning, and his deep learning course a couple of month ago. I am looking forward to complete this fastai course to get more hands on experience. :slight_smile:

It would be awesome to be a part of this study group :slight_smile:

Chris

Hello, I have just started a discussion thread on fastai study groups to gather feedback from organizers and participants to identify best practices and avoid some gaps.

You will find more information in this post. Thank you if you can take a few minutes to participate in the discussion :slight_smile: