Study Group in Austria

Any Austrians here who want to keep in sync and if possible meet once in a while?

Best, Jörg

2 Likes

Dear Jörg,

yes, there are some people from Vienna, including me! :wink:

Maybe we will also arrange a room for an easy weekly meetup.

Best regards
Michael

1 Like

I am not Austrian, but live here in Vienna.

Regards,
Cahya

2 Likes

I am from Graz actually, but I guess most ppl. will be from Vienna. Let’s see if others show up and then discuss how we make it among cities. I find it awesome that @MicPie organises a room in Vienna, cool! :slight_smile:

Hello everybody,

we will setup a offline learning group for going through the part 1 v3 course and looking deeper into the Pytorch library in Vienna (Austria).

If you are interested, sign up here (and drop me a line): https://keepcurrent.online/ml-course.html (limited seats due to our room).

If you have questions just ask me!

Looking forward to learning with you! :smiley:

The repo for our course is already online:

Feel free to add interesting stuff!

We are looking forward to learning with you! :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi, I have just launched a discussion topic on fastai study groups to gather feedback from organizers and participants to identify best practices and avoid some gaps.

You will find more information in this post. Thank you if you can take a few minutes to participate in the discussion :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi! I am from Upper Austria and would like to join a regional study group!

Hello @ulat ,

we just finished our learning group meetups for fastai v3 part 1 yesterday (see here https://github.com/MicPie/fastai-pytorch-course-vienna).

However, we will organize another learning group for soon to be released fastai v3 part 2 starting in October! :smiley:

Kind regards
Michael

1 Like

Hello everybody,

I already setup a fast.ai v3 part 2 PyTorch learning group GitHub repo for the upcoming learning group starting in October in Vienna!

We will be working through the fast.ai v3 part 2 course and the fastai v2 dev library.

I will also give a small intro to the fastai library at the 29th Vienna Deep Learning Meetup on Tuesday, 24. September 2019.

We are happy for suggestions and should you have further questions feel free to contact me!

In the meantime we will polish the repo and arrange everything else!

I hope I will see there some colleagues from the fastai forums! :slight_smile:

Kind regards
Michael

1 Like

Hello Everyone,

Hope all are doing well.

I have a query about running 01_intro.ipynb exercise from fastAI_v4 which uses fastai2. I tried running using GPU on Google Colab ( basic version), but I failed to run successfully. I am getting error: RuntimeError: CUDA out of memory. Tried to allocate 138.00 MiB (GPU 0; 7.43 GiB total capacity; 6.63 GiB already allocated; 70.94 MiB free; 6.83 GiB reserved in total by PyTorch). I have tired running several times. Does anyone have a suggestion to overcome this error.

Many thanks,

Best,
Pawan

Hey Pawan,

try to reduce the batch size. It looks like you tried to move more data to the GPU than it can hold.

Best regards

Thanks, Micheal. I did help. Now it runs but takes a longer time as one can expect.