Pytorch v1.0 stable is now working on Windows but fastai v1 needs some tweaks to get it work on Windows

With the 0.7 pytorch and old course my gpu utilization was 100% at times. After upgrading to pytorch 1.0 and course v3, the gpu usage was only spikes.

@sgugger might also want to fix this for a future version of the notebooks by adding

fn_paths = [item.as_posix() for item in fn_paths]

into the https://github.com/fastai/course-v3/tree/master/nbs/dl1 notebooks that operate on file names. This would make Jeremy’s regexp work on Win and Posix without us poor Windows users having to figure out REs on themselves :wink:

3 Likes

The as_posix is in the library now, it has been suggested as a bug fix and will be in v1.0.43 when it’s released.

3 Likes

set path = r’\([^\]+)_\d+.jpg$’ will fix it.But in the meet a issue—‘PicklingError’ until now, i can’t fix it.

1 Like

I think that is because fastai0.7 has its own custom loader, while fastai1.0 uses Pytorch’s dataloader… As @mgorecki said, we should wait Pytorch fix for this…

The Pytorch issue you’ve linked to is the largest issue I have using Fastai on Windows. What used to take me 20-30 seconds now takes around 2-5 minutes (minimum).