Portland, OR study group

There are lots of existing ML/AI meetups but none of them, as far as I’ve seen, are regularly following this course. Please reply if you know of something that already exists.
So, anyone interested in an in-person study group, probably weekly? Let’s get together, share ideas, and keep each other accountable!

I lead an AI-focused meetup group (monthly) in Portland. Would be happy to focus on fast.ai LIVE and to help organize a study group for fast.ai LIVE more frequently than that, too.

Also, I work in Salem so can connect with fast.ai students there and in the surrounding area, too.

Jess

Hi, I started a topic on fastai study groups to gather feedbacks from the organizers and participants in order to list the best practices and also to avoid some gaps.

You will find more information in this post. Thank you if you can take a few minutes to participate in the discussion :slight_smile:

Portland, Oregon MEETUP (fastai focus): We meet monthly to focus on fastai. Currently, we’re going through Part 1 (new). We are a pretty diverse group in terms of skill levels and focused on doing the “assignments” and projects.

TONIGHT (April 24th) @init_27 is going to be a guest speaker. We have snacks and all are welcome!!!
6:30-8pm at Wacom Experience Center
1455 NW Irving St
Portland, OR

Study group pictures from today :smiley:

Thanks for hosting and inviting me @Jess

Thanks for being our first guest speaker! Feedback was very positive and many felt inspired to move forward with their own projects (even the beginners) and share their work at the next meetup.