I am thinking to create a plain PyTorch implementation of fast.ai notebooks.
- fast.ai is the best library out there now
- It decides a lot of good defaults for us, I am sure Jeremy will introduce us to the internals of the library as we progress in the course, still implementing them from scratch will improve our understanding
- It will help us to dig deeper inside the library and we can probably take chunks out and explain it to others in the forum
- There are times when we want to take a specific feature of fast.ai and use it on some other code or port some code to fast.ai, this will help in that process as well
- I am not an expert in PyTorch or Differential Programming
- I will try and implement the notebooks in plain PyTorch as much as possible
- I would need help from others in the forum who understand programming better than me
Is anyone interested to take this up, maybe we could form a group and work together?