Paris study group March -April 2019

@AmineSab
The fact that we can ask these questions seriously shows we are making good progress on the course materials!

I guess we’ll compromise between the progressives and the conservatives and mix and match. :slight_smile: Some people are getting bored with vision, but it’s worth doing a bit more. And a bit of early discussion and spreading out NLP will help people adapt to this new topic.

BTW I like the Francois Chollet book on Keras a lot. Eyrolles just got a whole batch of them, but they’re expensive.

Keras may not be the same set of classes we are using, but it’s Google’s simple wrapper for TensorFlow, widely employed, and the book is really nice, explaining the concepts of a lot of the material we are covering. Jeremy is in a hurry in his videos, and the book sort of fills in some of the holes. What can I say - I love Jeremy’s videos and the FastAI classes are great but I also like François’ book.

https://www.amazon.com/Deep-Learning-Python-Francois-Chollet/dp/1617294438

BTW, I just found an entertaining article, relevant to our current exercises, but using Keras …maybe you want to do something like this with FastAI.

Edmund

@Larkaa
No prob.

E.

Could not make it this week. I will ok next week, but monday will be off. So in 2 weeks. Could you share somewhere your project ! Thanks and good meetup

Hello Bruno.

I got bored -as everyone knows I have the attention span of a housefly, and no work ability- so people can watch the videos and run the scripts etc on their own and of course ask questions or raise issues during the study group.

Our first project is live smile detection from notebook cam. I think we should have dealt with that in 2 sessions so then we’ll see what the next project is.

Hope you will get better soonest, and well quite soon …

Edmund

Hello Edmund,

I think, I will be allrigth next monday ! :slight_smile:

Thanks for your mail

Take care

Regards
Bruno

Hi
What are the news ?
No more meetup at Octo?
Rgds
Bruno