Organizing study groups in SF and Bay Area

Hi Antoni,
Check out this thread: https://forums.fast.ai/t/study-together-in-sf-thursdays-6-8p-sundays-10am-2pm/27594

• Deena

These are awesome initiatives. Thanks for sharing!

Hi Andrew, I’m in MV as well. Is there a group that meets already? Can you include me as well? Thanks!

Hi Nalini,

So far we just have the Slack channel set up. A Doodle poll went out awhile back (thanks to @lindyrock), and it seems that the most people in the South Bay can meet either Thursday evenings or Sunday afternoons. I’m not always going to be in town throughout the semester, so I haven’t taken initiative to organize a meetup. For those weekends when I’m in town, I’m happy to get together with anyone else who’s around though - upstairs at Red Rock on Castro might be a good meeting spot?

You’re most welcome to do this - but note that if you use slack, it’ll be harder to stay connected with the rest of the community, and visa versa. The forums can provide all the same features as Slack (in slightly different ways, so it takes a little learning and practice!), plus infinite history.

2 Likes

Thanks Andrew. Yes, Red Rock on Castro is a good option! Let me check the poll that Lindy was kind enough to put together… will try to organise a meet-up soon!

@lindyrock I have added my name in the spreadsheet for study group. Are you guys meeting every Sunday at Peerspace?

1 Like

I also would also like to know if the meet up is still happening on Sundays. Thank you!

The Sunday SF study sessions are happening weekly from 12-5. I think I’ve added everyone who’s asked to join to the private message thread where we’ve posted more details, but if I missed you please either message me to be added or just come Sundays to the Peerspace location described on the Google Sheet.

Hi @lindyrock , Thanks for organizing this. I would love to join the Sunday afternoon study group as well.

hi, can I join too? how to connect with you guys?

In SF. Very interested in meeting for deeper in-person chats to talk through stuff in more detail.

Was anything organized for south-bay? I’d be interested in joining if there’s a regular meetup, now that lecture series has completed.

No, none so far. But we can definitely get one going if people are interested. Perhaps after the holidays?

Sounds good. I’m interested.

Are people still interested in study group?

3-4 should be enough to get started

Folks, I’m starting a South Bay / Mountain View study group sign up sheet (see below). I’ve suggested 3 time slots - at signup please identify your top two. Once there is quorum for a slot we can set a date and meet up. Thanks!

@lindyrock hi, let me know if Sunday SF meetups are still happening. I’ll aim to drop by on the 10th. Thanks!

I live in Sunnyvale I am interested in joining a South bay study group.

Hello, I just started a discussion thread on fastai study groups to gather feedbacks from the organizers and participants in order to list the best practices and also to avoid some gaps.

You will find more information in this post.

Thank you if you can take a few minutes to participate in the discussion :slight_smile: