No study session this week

In this video, Adam talked about how to develop a solution that could accommodate both ⎕IO←1 and ⎕IO←0 settings.

The full list of APL Quest is here.

Yeah, I can see how that’d be confusing. The problem is that has two meanings, Beside (which is a specific type of function composition) and Bind (which is explicit currying). The interpreter distinguishes between the two cases by looking at the syntactic role of the operands; if one of them is an array, we’ve got Bind. Otherwise, we’ve got Beside.

As for the parsing of +/∊∘'AEIOU', you are absolutely right. You can verify such at tacit.help.

2 Likes

I started this as an aside to Jeremy’s recover timeout as something to keep occupied on, as Jeremy says do a little each day.

I have partial solutions to qu1 and qu3, in that I can complete the first 2 cases in each and a gold solution to qu2 satisfying all 3 cases. Will not publish them here yet although with regards to Coursera course you are allowed to discuss tactics but not reveal solutions would you think that applies here.

Something to occupy the mind for a month or 2
Roger Hui APL Exercises

Please be aware I can not attend the live APL sessions as repeated attendance would interrupt sleep patterns that would be detrimental to health. Thanks for you time