Live coding 4

Does anybody know how to delete my pre-run.sh without starting an instance on Paperspace?
My instance keeps failing because I deleted .local and created a symlink.
Did anybody have issue with the script?

FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/root/.local/share'

Thank you.

I think you can start a non-fastai notebook under the same project . For example, start a Stable Diffusion notebook (from the template in Paperspace). Notebooks have access to the persistent storage /storage folder. Assuming your pre-run.sh is inside /storage, you can delete the pre-run.sh file when inside the Stable Diffusion notebook.

2 Likes

Sounds great. Thank you.

GitHub - fastai/paperspace-setup: Setup a paperspace instance for fastai

At what point (give an approximate time) in live 4 coding do we execute this git:
git clone GitHub - fastai/paperspace-setup: Setup a paperspace instance for fastai.

Also, after this clone is executed are all the references to /storage changed to /storage/cfg except the initial establishing symbolic link.

Assuming my paperspace /storage has many errors, what is the best way to restart with a fresh storage and none of the past errors and reclaiming the space.

I am on a windows system at 33:19, Jeremy executes an upload of his keys to a download folder. How is this to be executed on a Windows system? Although Windows opens a folder when you press the upload key there does not appear to be a way to put the keys in the folder. And no way to get them out if you got them in.

Joni,
Are you saying there is no simple way to delete items in /Storage ?

You can use for example…

rm -rf /storage/cfg

Reference: rm(1) - Linux manual page

You’re right, it can be a security issue. DO NOT keep any API keys in the notebooks! Even having PRO, you might be tiered down for some reason.