Lesson 8 (2019) discussion & wiki

swift for tensorflow vs tensorflow lite?

Do numpy and pandas count as “non-data science modules”?

2 Likes

I highly doubt Python will be deprecated any time soon…fwiw

I bet the S4TF team is absolutely thrashing themselves to be ready for Chris’ first lesson here. The AI world will be watching, in a serious way, so the pressure will be on :slight_smile: I’m sure they’ll make a huge amount of progress over the next month. You can follow/watch the Swift for Tensorflow github project to get an idea of how much activity there is - I’ve been following it for a while and it’s been going off.

9 Likes

this link suggests that there was going to be some overview of RL.

Question: Are we going to implement backprop from scratch?

5 Likes

they presented working code already at TF dev summit recently

2 Likes

I got the impression numpy isnt part of the building blocks, assuming pytorch tensors should accomplish the same things.

Also from the fast.ai Embracing Swift for Deep Learning post:

“The combination of Python, PyTorch, and fastai is working really well for us, and for our community. We have many ongoing projects using fastai for PyTorch, including a forthcoming new book, many new software features, and the majority of the content in the upcoming courses. This stack will remain the main focus of our teaching and development.”

7 Likes

where do we get help if we have issues with fastai installation?

Maybe Jeremy will present it a bit later, but in case he doesn’t : would it be possible to have a rough week-by-week schedule of the course ?

2 Likes

Yes - there was a LOT of activity on the repo in the few days before the TF Dev Summit :joy:

1 Like

You just had it :slight_smile:
We have nothing more than the initial introduction.

4 Likes

I think these 2 libraries are specifically built for machine learning and data processing

That would be this topic.

3 Likes

Part of the presentation is cut off due to the placement of Jeremy’s video on the top right. Is there a way around it in the future?

2 Likes

I told him not to put anything there, but did he listen?..

12 Likes

Thanks, we will keep this in mind for future weeks.

1 Like

Jeremy on RL:

6 Likes

You lost me at sqweegel :slight_smile:

2 Likes