Jeremy AMA

Once there was a period of “AI Winter” when people become disappointed about Neural Nets (and AI in general, I guess). How do you think, is it possible to get into a similar situation with modern AI techniques in near future? Or we’re getting into a stage of unbounded growth of new methods, architectures, etc.?

5 Likes

What do you think is to happen to news vs fake news with the advances in deep learning fakes for videos and voice? Are you worried?

7 Likes

I haven’t used their service but based on the
videos I have watched, lyrebird.ai does exactly that, train a language model on very limited data.

2 Likes

This needs more likes. Lol.

Where do you see the fastai librairy going in the future ? Say in 5 years ?

18 Likes

What would be the focus of fast.ai DL1/DL2/ML courses in the coming 2-3years? Any books to be published as you have said in one of the podcasts? Any course on Deep Reinforcement Learning in the near future?

6 Likes

What’s your take on Quantum computing?

1 Like

What are the shortcomings of the fastai librairy right now ? How can we help ?

15 Likes

What is the best technique to compress model for hosting in web?

1 Like

Deep Learning For Coders - Part 2 Question: Do we know if part 2 fellowship will also be available for global participants? This has helped a lot of folks globally!

3 Likes

How do you think, is it possible for one without an AI/ML degree from the well-recognized university to get working into a company like OpenAI? Do you think to work on your own projects, portfolio, and competitions is enough to get a good Deep Learning and/or scientific skills?

15 Likes

How can we use Deep Learning in fields like Robotics, Automation, Industry, etc.

Are there any limitations? Or any other approaches you would like to share with us.

1 Like

Given the huge quantum of research being done and released into the world everyday wrt to DL, how do u keep up with the latest research(be it papers, conferences etc) and identify/adopt the best practises from there? And how do u manage ur time between that, fast.ai, personal work etc

13 Likes

In reddit you wrote “I believe that nearly everyone is underestimating the potential of deep learning”. Do you think that still today many people that are aware of DL continue to underestimate it?

3 Likes

Jeremy,

What if anything keeps you awake at night? What are the biggest challenges that you face?

5 Likes

I addition to carrying what we’ve learned into our specific domains, what are some ways you’d love to see members of the course “give back,” to carry on & extend what you’ve offered in this course?

5 Likes

Jeremy,

If you could meet yourself 20 years ago, what learnings, knowledge would you tell younger you?

5 Likes

A bit off-topic perhaps, but what is your favorite sci-fi movie (or one of them) and why?

1 Like

Are there plans to use ONNX in Fast.ai library ?

16 Likes

You mentioned that you expect multimodal learning to blossom in your Reddit AMA. What do you think is the best existing method for combining image and tabular data?

5 Likes