Introduce yourself here

Hi Alex! Yes, indeed. Glad to see several folks from Singapore! :smile:

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

My name is Will, I’m based in Sydney and currently completing a MSc in AI whilst working in Product Management. My undergrad degree was in econometrics and analytics. Through this I was introduced to Kaggle competitions, and it sparked a sustained interest in DL and ML.

Last year I read DL for Coders and really enjoyed the way concepts were communicated. So, when I saw this course advertised, I quickly signed up.

Looking forward to learning and collaborating with you all! If you’d like to get in touch, reach out over LinkedIn.

11 Likes

Hi Everyone,
My name is Harshit, I’m based in Bangalore and currently completing my MS by research at IIIT Bangalore. I got introduced to Fastai in 2021 when I was reading the notebook by Marc Auberville and his team on MIDOG 2021 challenge and have been working on mitosis detection in Brain cancer slides using FASTAI.
It is an honor to be part of the course22 and really looking forward to learning all new methods and seeing what is the hype about trendy STABLE DIFFUSION models.
Thanks, everyone for this wonderful community.

9 Likes

Hi everyone,
I’m Luke. I’m currently skilling up to work in AI Safety. I come from a math & philosophy background and work in software. I run a weekly discussion group about AI Safety - let me know if anyone wants to join.

Looking forward to this course. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Hi everyone, Very excited to be added to this course. I am a resident physician (PGY-3) working in Radiation Oncology. I was introduced to FastAI in 2018. I previously used FastAI to develop models for automatic diagnosis and segmentation of prostate cancer in prostate MRI as well as image quality improvement and super resolution. In that process I developed my own integration of DICOM data into the fast.ai library which has fortunately been replaced by Jeremy’s much better integration recently.

I’m looking forward to this course and hoping to use what I learn to be able to predict tissue changes following radiation treatments particularly in brain tumors.

10 Likes

Hi Enzo!

nice to see a fellow kababayan (“countryman”) here!

PS. You’re welcome to join our online study group (Saturdays, 7AM Manila Time, Fridays 4PM PDT on fastai discord #cluster-of-stars)

3 Likes

Hi, I am Slava.
I work in finance and very excited about Deep and Reinforcement Learning. I went through Fast AI in 2018 first time and cannot stop myself experimenting with image recognition and deep learning since then. That changed my life and my career. I made my path from lawyer to software engineer/researcher. I do highly appreciate what Jeremy and his team does, proving that this subject is for everyone who passionate enough about it!

9 Likes

Hi everyone,

I am goutham. I was introduced to fastai in 2017. Been a huge fan of their teaching style.
Looking forward to participate and learn great stuff in coming weeks.

Thanks,
Goutham

7 Likes

Hi Everyone,

I’m Prajwal, a Software Engineer from Bangalore, India.(LinkedIn , GitHub)

I have been following previous offerings of the course and loved the top-down approach of teaching. I’m super excited to participate in the live course

7 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m Matanya.
I’ve been a fan of fast.ai since 2019, so I also ran a study group for the first course.
Today I am the data science team leader at DigitalOwl. We summarize medical files for insurance companies, where the information we process is both unstructured (ie PDF files) and electronic information.
In my opinion, the 2019 part 2 course is one of the best courses I’ve ever done. The perfect “toolbox” for a Deep Learning developer. so I’m really looking forward to its new version!
Good luck to everyone!
linkedin

11 Likes

Hi! I am Omer from Israel, working on ML in the medical domain.

8 Likes

Hello everybody (in Jeremy’s voice), my name is Dahir Ibrahim.

I’m a computer engineering student in my penultimate year in college. I’m a YouTube + other free resources taught programmer with 5 years of programming experience. I love the idea of bringing AI to everyday electronics which is why I’m working on building something I call “Deedax Inc”.

Deep learning for coders is actually the first thing that got me out of the infamous ‘tutorial hell’, so thank you and I’m honored to be here once again for new experiences.

12 Likes

Hi, folks!

Great to be back here. I’m Alexis Gallagher, an alumnus of past FastAI courses, and helped out a bit with the FastAI book. I’m working at Google on ML, where my work doesn’t involve AI art at the moment, so I’m very curious to dive in!

Alexis

16 Likes

Hello all,
I’m Maureen Metzger, from Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA. I’m so appreciative of the opportunity to participate in this course!

I stumbled across Fast.ai in 2017 after completing a Python sequence and a Machine Learning specialization on Coursera. I completed part 1 and some of part 2, and found the biggest challenge was my limited Python skills. They’re much better now after 4 years heading research and analytics for a healthtech startup. I haven’t gotten much opportunity to use deep learning in my work so far, though. I’m hoping to rectify that by updating my knowledge and skill set.

My primary interest is NLP. I am particularly interested in natural language generation of descriptions and interpretations of tabular data and images of graphs. I’m sure that sounds boring to some, but it’s very practical :slight_smile:

I sometimes feel odd as a middle-age female in tech, still up-skilling and trying to learn new things. But I’ve found my happy place – better late than never!

Cheers to all, and happy learning!

Twitter: @memetzgz
LinkedIn: maureen-metzger

19 Likes

Hi Robert, catching up with forum. Yes, happy to connect @gamino on twitter or https://www.linkedin.com/in/gamino/

1 Like

That doesn’t sound boring—one of my main datasets at work is part graph, part tabular data — sounds interesting!

3 Likes

Congrats on your fantastic tenacity and progress @memetzgz ! :smiley:

3 Likes

Hello All,

I’m Jithin from Sydney, Australia. I am stumbled upon Jeremy’s course in 2019 and really liked the way Deep learning was taught. A big fan of Jeremy’s work. I currently work as a data scientist for a commercial Real-estate giant at Sydney focusing on personalisation models. Very keen to delve deeper into part 2 of the course.

9 Likes

Hi everyone!

I’m Zac. I’m a physicist turned data scientist turned computational biologist. My latest projects have been around creating generative models for protein design and evolution. Diffusion models offer an exciting new approach to some of the problems that I’m interested in. I can’t wait to dive into understanding how they work! Many thanks to Jeremy and the team for hosting this course!

11 Likes

Hey Michael, super to hear that you’ve been involved in starting OpenBioML, I saw it under Stability’s org tree somewhere recently, probably on their site. I was thinking of checking back on it sometime, but been a bit busy. I’ll be pinging you this next week, would love to be a part of the open org and contribute. :dna:

2 Likes