Introduce yourself here

Great to meet you all, my name is Nurbek. I’m from Kazakhstan.

I Have been studying ML and DL for a long time now, but the journey so far was not so fruitful as I had hoped. I still struggle a bit with setting up a training pipeline. I believe that abstracting away some of the part(as done in fastai) will help me and shine some light on how to do things properly. I am currently studying applied mathematics, since I want to dive into research. I had experience with Pytorch and Darknet. Worked as a machine learning engineer for some time and developed an object detection system using YOLOv4 and deployed it using TensorRT. My goal is to become a professional researcher and hopefully produce quality research and develop good products. Still figuring out how to achieve it, but first need to solidify my deep learning foundation. My main interest, I suppose, is Part 2, but starting from the beginning is, imo, better. My Twitter is @noorikjj, feel free to contact me, hope to find some people who are as interested in doing research as I am. Glad to join the community :heart:!

Best Regards,
Nurbek

3 Likes

It is great to see a strong community. My name is Duc Haba, and I work for YML.co as AI Solutions Architect. I start my career at Xerox PARC, but now I am on the “practical side” of using ML for enterprise companies and clients. I love the Fastai framework and the teaching style of @jeremy and @sgugger.

I am in sunny California (Silicon Valley). My Twitter handle is @duchaba, but I rely on LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/in/duchaba/) more than Twitter because I like to know whom I am talking to, not their avatar. I am writing a “Demystify AI” series on LinkedIn, and I completed the seventh article a few months ago. I hope you check them out and give me feedback.

3 Likes

Hello everyone!

I am Bijil, chemical engineer, PhD student and self taught full stack developer from Sydney, Australia. I am just starting my journey into fastAI from September this year. I have been meaning to start learning ML concepts for a while now. By September, I should have finished everything I am doing on the CS side and will have time to start focusing on fastAI.

I am currently just getting my bearings around the curriculum so that I can put a plan in place to optimise the learning process as much as possible. I have already watched the Chapter 0 video that was uploaded recently - it was a gem with lot of values. I am absolutely taken by the wealth of experience we have here in this community. Looking forward to contributing to this amazing group in the future .

Regards

Note: I am not active on Twitter to share my link. That being said I am planning on maintaining a blog. I will update this once I have that in place.

1 Like

Kia ora,

I am a bit late to the party. My name is Shivan.

I am an optometrist working in Christchurch, New Zealand.

I have an interest in programming in areas that are quite diverse. I want to give deep learning a go to see what challenges I can tackle.

My motivation is that at my job I help people on a one-to-one basis. This does not satisfy me as technology give me the ability to help others on a greater scale.

In addition to this, I believe technology allows me to manifest my creations.

Great to meet you all and wish you all the best.

1 Like

Hi All,
My name is Vasanth .
I am from Chennai in India and am 56 years old. This is probably my 4th attempt at doing the fastai course. Each time I have not gone beyond the first lesson. This time around , I am confident I will do the course. I saw lesson 0 video couple of months back and connected with @radek in twitter [https://twitter.com/radekosmulskii]and read his book “Meta learning” bit.ly/3AN9i92 “How To Learn Deep Learning And Thrive in the Digital World”, and since then I have viewed all the 8 lesson videos and now I have got a good understanding which stacked well on my pre existing knowledge which I had gathered all these years and hopefully will stand me in good stead.
I have been in Sales and Marketing in the Pharma sector for more than 25 years and from 2013 onwards I have dabbled in data science and ML. Doing various courses in R and Python.
I am very keen to complete this course this time around.

All the best everyone.

Cheers

Vasanth

Hi everyone,

I’m Manoj, i’m an ML engineer from Hyderabad India, I’m here to better understand working of ML models and learn a bit of software engineering as well coming from a non CS background. I have recently completed all the 8 vids, now thinking about running all the notebooks using the data i’m very familiar with and see how it goes. I’m also thinking about watching fast.ai v2 code walkthru’s to better understand the low level code in here.

Thanks Jeremy and All the best everyone on your DL journey

Hi everyone! I’m Mihail, based in London UK, been a web developer but decided to move into deep learning because I find it really cool.

Feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn on https://www.linkedin.com/in/mihailmarian/ !

Hi everyone. I’m Richard living and working in London. I’m just here to get an idea of what fastai can do in practice.

Hey All!

I am Arjun, currently into learning deep learning. I see a lot of opportunities for me in the field of AI. This is my first real deep learning course. I am really looking forward to next few weeks.

Hi Everyone,

My name is Fabio. I am a data scientist from São Paulo, Brazil.
I am currently working at Hospital Alemão Oswaldo Cruz.
I used FastAi’s audio modulo (FastAudio) to create a model that classifies birds using their distinctive sound.
Here is a post in Medium about it: Bird Sound Calssification Using FastAudio (FastAi) | by Fabio Freller | Nov, 2021 | Medium
Hope you can enjoy it. I would also love some feedback and suggestions.

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi, I am Rocktim Jyoti Das, an undergraduate student at the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi. I am in my last semester currently doing research in Domain Adaptation in Computer Vision.

Is this the place to ask questions about the MOOC?
I am a radiologist interested in learning more about AI.
I came to this website from a session at the recent RSNA (2021) meeting.

I would like to post questions on the forum, but there is no “new topic” button.
It was suggested that you have to reply/comment first so this seemed like a good place.

Dan

1 Like

Hello, thank you for all of this. I’m Moiez, with just a bachelor’s in Philosophy like Jeremy! From Canada, moved to Japan to teach English, and just quit 2 months ago and will start working as a junior data scientist(been studying for about 1.5 years). In the midst of all of that, I also studied Nutrition and exercise science and did some tech recruiting and even worked at a restaurant.

Looking forward to learning deep learning. I thought I wouldn’t be able to do this because I lack a STEM background, and math, while I love and respect it, hurts my brain.

Hello Everyone, I am Rudraksh Sugandhi, working as a Software engineer at Eli Lilly US. I have been learning ML since 2018 and took several courses from udacity and Coursera but because of breaks and less implementation knowledge, forgot the learning I got from those courses. But 2024 is the year to make the best and learn from the fast.ai course implement good projects and transition to a Machine learning Engineer or DL Engineer role.
Connect me on LinkedIn: Rudraksh Sugandhi - Indianapolis, Indiana, United States | Professional Profile | LinkedIn