Introduce yourself here!

Hello! I am Pavithra, co-founder of kint.io

We have been working on sports analytics using Deep Learning this year and it has been an exciting venture for us. Our initial goal is to work on racquet sports like Tennis, Badminton, Squash.

A huge fan of fast.ai, I am all geared up for v3! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hi All !

My name is Arek - I have been working in IT industry for the last 20 years.
My background comes from Unix systems then Win/Linux and SAP/Oracle and services and projects delivery.
I have Python experience from the last year, I have also taken some ML online courses.

I am looking forward to gain some more practical knowledge on ML and I am especially interested in image recognition.

Good luck !
Arek

1 Like

Hi,

My name is Gabriel, from Sweden.

I have previously taken the Machine Learning course and Deep Learning Specialization at coursera. Very much bottom-up-learning type of courses with great content but lacking in practical application.
I still see myself as a beginner in AI/ML/DL and data science and with the fast.ai courses, having a top-down-learning and very practical approach, I hope to gain the practical knowledge Iā€™m currently lacking.

It will be fun working with you all.

1 Like

Hello all,
Very exited to be taking another fastai course! My name is Ville and Iā€™m from Finland. I have a background in mathematics and finance, and Iā€™ve been gradually moving towards data science / AI. This will be another step on that road.

Thatā€™s an amazing Initiative!!
You learn twice when you teach!

Hi - Iā€™m Paulina from San JosĆ©, Costa Rica. I currently work for a company based on US as a software developer. I became very interested about fast.ai by reading Rachelā€™s articles.
Iā€™m very excited to join this course!

Hi everyone. I am Dina from Tanzania. I am an academician currently working hard to work on ML/DL projects. This course will add a lot of value to my efforts which include supervising students in ML/DL research. The skills are minimum in my country. I am excited and look forward to learning a lot form Jeremy and my fellow students.

1 Like

Hi Everyone,
Alex from Washington D.C.
I am happy to participate for the 3rd time!
It has been an intense several years for me moving from data engineering to ML and Data Science.
I am currently working on a research project (NLP mostly) for a product to assist people learning and new (tech) skills acquisition.

1 Like

Hi I am Sven,

this is the 3rd time I am going to take part in this course. I hope to further deepen my understanding of everything Jeremy and Rachel want to explain. I am really looking forward to what they are having in store for us this time!!! :slight_smile:

1TB memory ? boy that is something. Let me check out ArangoDB as well. There are some clustering options.

Hi Everyone,
Shubhajit from India.
Currently I am working on some deep learning based research project. Very much excited to take the course for the 2nd time.

Fellow AI enthusiasts, this is Deepen. I work as a Data Scientist and focus on E-commerce products. I am extremely impressed and thrilled after listening to @jeremyā€™s podcast and pumped up to expand my knowledge. I havenā€™t had a good experience with deep learning, so my goal from this is to expand my knowledge and put it to use. As more libraries get wrapped up on existing libraries, the little details get obscure, thereby introducing chances of losing information. However, I believe this course(or the documentation - excited to see the new documentation framework) will also help me understand the roots of how anything was built.

Hi,

I am Abhay Varma, from New Delhi (India).

I work with Standard Chartered Bank, want to implement deep learning for improving internal process at the bank. Excited to be here the first time.

Thanks,

Hi Everyone,

Great to be back! Very excited to be participating fastai for the second time.

I am Junxian from Taipei, Taiwan. I am a ML/DL aficionado with interest NLP. I would like to apply knowledge learned in this course to create DL products for small and medium businesses.

We are meeting after each lesson. If you are in TPE, come to join us (we are small group of 5).

My thanks for Jeremy and Rachel for this wonderful course. It practically changed lives for many of us not from the field.

Cheers!

1 Like

Hi Everyone, This is sanjay from Bangalore. I am a deeplearning and ML practitioner. Created small projects using deep learning(fastai). want to be better at what i am doing by going through this course again. Thank you Jeremy for organizing this.

1 Like

Hello all!

Iā€™m karthik, Iā€™m computer science grad who currently works as a junior Machine Learning engineer and the major reason of me getting that job was the v1 of this course and Andrew Ngā€™s course. Iā€™m exited to be a part of this live version of this course and also look forward to using the FastAI v1 library

Iā€™m Yasir, a professional programmer for over 20 years. Based in Australia, developing for Web, Mac, Windows, Linux.

Very interested in learning ML/DP. I did Andrew Ngā€™s machine learning MOOC when it first came out around 8 years ago (before Coursera), but didnā€™t pursue it. Looking to get back into it.

Hey @chho6822 Good to see you again :smiley:

Hi ALL,
my first word goes to Jeremy and Rachel. I hope you know how much you are incredibly improving so many peopleā€™s life by ā€˜Uncooling neural netsā€™. Thanks A TON.
I am from Cameroon and based in Belgium. I work as IT support and developer for contact centers, basically automating tasks and building SSRS reports. I just completed the first part of the practical course. There is just an infinite number of projects that can built to help efficiently achieve our daily processes. We are not using any ML or DL implementation yet; I hope to learn and sharpen my kowledge from this course to gradually introduce ML/DL to my management with very strong arguments.

I am looking forward to learn from you all.

1 Like

Great achievement @iskode. Keep it tup.