Introduce yourself here!

Welcome @bushidocodes and all the best. Can’t help feeling inspired and motivated by the diverse group of people in this forum.

Hello everyone,

Like many here, I’m very excited to participate to this live version of the new Fast.ai course!

I’ve been following the previous version of the Part 1 and loved it so far. Following in parallel the 6.431x Probability course of the MIT Data Science MicroMaster on edX, the deep learning top-down approach is so refreshing!

My name is Yann, I’m French, working in Cambodia - anyone in Phnom Penh by the way? - on the field of Forest Management and Climate Change.

I’m very much interested in how to apply Deep Learning on Forest Management issues, currently it is mostly used in the field of remote sensing like for the Planet Kaggle competition, but I’m convinced that the applications can be much wider.

I’m planning to work on some field projects in parallel of the course with likely some on-the-field devices. If anyone is also working on Deep Learning for Natural Resources issues (Forestry, Fisheries, Wildlife…) do not hesitate to send me a message!

Cheers from Cambodia!

Yann

Hi All,

I am from the UK, after finishing my EngD in computer vision and HCI, I currently work as a software devloper for a small company.

I really want to get into deep learning and its applications, for healthcare and artistry if possible!

Hello, I’m Rajath. I am currently an undergraduate. I started taking interest in Deep Learning recently and I have heard great laurels about this course.
Can’t wait to get started.

Hey I’m from the Amsterdam in The Netherlands.
I’ve followed half of the previous iteration of this course, but then I got distracted. Intend to stay on track with this ‘live’ iteration, and participate on the forums.

Hello,
I’m from the Netherlands, working in a Big 4, with a focus on NLP. I’ve spent a lot of time already on the previous installments of the fast.ai course, but still want to get up at 3:30AM…

From the previous run, I built an image classifier to classify (special) playing cards, trained this in Python, migrated to CoreML an built this into an IOS app for card recognition using the live camera, while playing a card-board game. Hopefully this course will bring new insights on improving the model.

Very cool. I am in the process of building out a graph db as well but in memory not on disk. GraphX is a good starting point but this needs Scala and I don’t have time to go through the Scala/Hadoop ecosystem. What are your thoughts - For now I am just getting by using NetworkX but I’ve already hit the scaling limits.

We are probably going to test ArangoDB and Neo4J. I have more experience with Arango as it plays well with Windows and I could load a good size graph into my desktop memory. The server will be Centos with a terabyte of memory, so slightly larger graphs are possible. There is a pyarango driver to hook up with python, but that is new territory for me.

1 Like

I’m Yegor and currently live in Central Asia. Recently graduated from GW data analytics bootcamp and looking forward to this course to apply ML for market research in ecommerce.

Hi everyone, I’m Kalle from Sweden but currently living in Bogotá, Colombia. I’m actually a business management grad and have been switching over to ML/DL for a while now having started my own company and currently helping students as a classroom mentor for Udacity’s AI Programming with Python Nanodegree. I also own a coworking space in Bogotá in case anyone around here is interested in organizing in-person study groups :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @victorarias_25 , I’m Kalle from Sweden but I currently live in Bogotá as well. I own a coworking space here in case your interested in any in-person study groups for the course

Hi All, this is Amit and passionate about the Technology specifically Artificial Intelligence and BlockChain. Am also a cohort member of ConsenSys India Developer program. Very much interested in hands on experience for deep learning … Hope to learn and contribute to learn.

Namaste Everyone,

Looks like I am quite late to the party, as we say Better late than never.

So this is Aman here from India, right now I am based out of Chennai but natively I am from a small town named Azamgarh. I wish to pick up the knowledge from this course and utilise it to enhance the standard of living for a lot of the small-towners like me.

I do have prior experience with Pytorch as well as Tensorflow (you can check some of my work here, but not very polished, hence the reason to join this course). I am currently working as Research Engineer in an IT company in India. I have read implemented a few papers so far, I wish to build upon that work and have a very good grasp of all things Deep. Have written a few articles so far (only one of which is a bit technical, that too is based on Blockchain). It would be really great to be part of this comunity, I am eagerly looking forward to this.

1 Like

Hi guys,
I’m abhinav . I’m a javascript developer from India. I’ve been learning deep learning and machine learning from a few online resources for the past year including fast.ai. I’m currently learning LSTMs on my own more specifically using it with attention networks. Looking to make use of the skills I learn into mobile apps and web apps . Looking forward to being part of the course.

Hi, I’m Ram Kripal Mishra from India. I’m currently working as Assistant Professor in Department of Computer Application, KIT Kanpur. Currently I am working on some project related to speech recognition and machine translation in native Hindi language.

Hi All! :slight_smile:

So many people here, wow :slight_smile: Looking forward to a lot of fun in v3 of the course!

I am a self-taught Ruby on Rails developer with a keen interest in machine learning. I participated in v2 and there are so many, many things I loved about the experience!

In a Kaggle competition that ended tonight I placed in top 4% using the version of the library that we will be using in the course. There were higher place finishers using earlier version of the lib who I think also were v2 participants. You can find a write up of my solution here.

Anyhow, see you on the forums and I look forward to amazing journey ahead of us,
Radek

17 Likes

Hello Everyone!

I’m a construction engineer working for an industrial engineering and construction firm on projects across the US, Canada and Australia. I have always enjoyed learning about new technologies and became interested in AI in recent years after seeing the amazing new AI driven technologies in the news. After fumbling around with difficult to follow DL resources online I discovered fastai and never looked back. Since starting my AI journey I’ve competed in a few Kaggle and crowd.ai competitions earning a bronze metal in DSB’18 using fast.ai. One facet of DL I would like to work on in task automation. I believe that there is incredible potential waiting to be unlocked in people’s lives when mundane tasks can be automated allowing them more time to do what they love.

I am a self taught coder. I’ve done a little bit of VBA, C# and SQL coding for work and have worked with javascript (NodeJS) and python (fastai) for hobby projects at home.

I want to thank Jeremy and Rachel for the amazing work they’ve done with the course. Your top down approach to deep learning is fantastic. I would have a hard time learning DL any other way.

3 Likes

Hey everyone!

My name is Harish Badseshi, and I’m from Bangalore, India. I am an undergrad student of Computer Science and Engineering, currently studying in senior year of Bachelor’s degree. I was yearning to learn deep learning and I was very much confused at the start. I was fortunate enough to be a part of the amazing community, where I met and still continue to meet a lot of amazing people. I am a newbie, but I am humbled to be a participant of AI Saturdays, Bangalore Chapter, where some of the amazing people have been giving me support and guidance from past 8 weeks. I am grateful to everyone who has been helping me ever since I started my journey. I was introduced to fast.ai course in AI Saturdays, a local study group in Bangalore. I’m very excited to be a part of this!

Thank you @jeremy and @rachel for everything you’ve been doing!

2 Likes

Just a little kid from Pakistan :pakistan:

3 Likes

Hello all!

I am from Moscow, now working on deep learning field - using neural networks with medical images. Also a little bit machine learning - xgboosting huge tables to get strange results with AUC ROC 0.8 but F1 meausure less than 0.2 :frowning:

1 Like