Introduce yourself here!

I am teaching different subjects from aeronautical engineering in Bulgaria. Most of my deep learning experience has been watching several lessons from the previous fast.ai course versions and trying the algorithms. One of my projects is an automated categorization of aviation safety narratives (even though I am more interested in signal processing). And fast.ai improves my coding and teaching skills significantly :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi I’m Femi Ogunbode from Lagos, Nigeria. I currently work at an AdTech Company to help use ML/AI to increase efficiency of marketing efforts. Currently, personally, I’m working on a content based recommender/ identification system for local indigenous music using deep learning and MFCCs.

I hope to work on practical deep learning from this course, most of the knowledge I have so far is from deeplearning.ai specialization on Coursera.

3 Likes

Hi I am Prerna from India, currently working as a data scientist . Thankyou for the opportunity . Looking forward to course. !

Hi, This is Nikhil from Pune, India. I m following this course from past year.
Fastai helped to create a prototype in the previous company to segregate fruits & vegetable on their quality. This was useful in homogenising the quality rating of fruits & vegetable.

I hope to learn more in vision & NLP.

You can connect me at https://www.linkedin.com/in/nikhar/

Hi
I am Krisha Mehta a senior undergraduate student from Mumbai. I’m interested in computer vision and hope to learn more about deep learning Through this program!

Hello I am Sudhir. I have a lot of experience in service Industry working with a System Integrator so I have lot of curiosity and no background in Deep Learning. Having said that I have already remained a person who loves to get in touch with new technology and try to implement it in my area of work. This got me started with programming languages and I am pretty comfortable programming in Python along with a few more scripting language. I hope that will help me in keeping up with the course as after working in the Industry for over a decade I have lost touch with the mathematics.

I have basic understanding of the mathematics behind deep learning. However, I take this as an opportunity to learn and hit the ground running.

My area of interest are applying deep learning to text generation, topic modelling. time series prediction, and visual art. I know I can’t work on all of those but a the lectures progress I will choose the focus area.

I am currently residing in Germany so will be happy to join local meetup group.

1 Like

Hi guys :slight_smile: I am Haider from Malaysia. Coding and electronics are my hobby since I was a kid. I am physician by training but switched to engineering by getting masters and hopefully now phd in engineering.

I’ve practiced medicine few years, but my heart was elsewhere. I like physics/math, engineering and coding much more than medicine.

Just like Jeremy, most of my college days spent on my startup to design and sell computerized ECG devices in the 90s and other engineering side projects.

Jeremy is a big inspiration for folks like me who had no formal training in computer science or engineering. I am even seeing Jeremy in my dreams teaching us DL :slight_smile: THANKS!!!

Thank you guys for the active contribution here in the forum. I’ve got a lot from your discussions.

Thanks @hiromi for the brilliant notes. They are very helpful. I cannot imagine myself studying anything without written stuff that I can come later to revise or troubleshoot. All details are written carefully. Sometimes I will stop the video to check whether this interesting thingy is written down or I have to add it with my diigo annotation on your webpage, and you have never let me down.

Looking forward to this exciting course!

4 Likes

Hi, I am Pamin from Thailand.
I am fascinated in ML/DL application. I think they are very cool and could make many things better. So, I interested to learn more!

Welcome @hwasiti. Wish you all the best in your endeavour!

1 Like

Hi everyone! Hi Jeremy and Rachel!

About me:
I am Jörg, a Developer from Graz, Austria, Europe. I am developing since I teached myself programming in school, which is about 20years ago. I was mainly an native mobile app developer, and for quite a while the main developer behind the MindMeister Mobile Apps and the Mendeley Apps among others. I did the Introduction to Artificial Intelligence from Thrun and Norveig MOOC when it came out (that was around 2012(?)) and the Introduction into Machine Learning. I also started to work more and more with machine learning, actually many of main colleges are mainly into that topic. I took part in the Nokia Data Challenge and published a paper about semantic place detection, work on a system which plays music based on your smartwatch and developed a prototype smart glove who can recognise gestures with classical ML tools. I first went into deep learning doing the deeplearn.ai course from Andrew NG and also doing the Udacity Self Driving Car engineer program (this is on hold currently). So I mainly know tensor flow. I also decided to actually start a PhD program [first need to formally finish the masters] where the focus is on deep learning for automotive.

What I expect:
I watched some of the videos of the old course and really liked it. Actually what I also like is that fast.ai is based on pytorch, and after getting a quick introduction I think it is a very cool tool to have beside tensor flow. I do not yet know pytorch or fast.ai enough to really operate efficiently and I hope I get that from the course. Some very good ideas seems to be in that library, so recapping that or hear about new would also be great. I am not sure if that is covered in part 1 but I am also curious about the ULMFit.

2 Likes

cool, one more Austrian here! I am from Graz actually ^_^. nice to meet you!

2 Likes

Hi All,

My name is Tejaswani and I am from India. I am currently working as a Senior Software Development Engineer in Kony, Inc. I have recently started with Machine Learning and have joined this course to explore more about DataScience and AI. I am elated to be a part of this course and looking forward for a great learning with you all.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi , I am Kurian from India. I like to enhance my knowledge of ML/DL and DL through this course

Hi All,
I’m Nachiket and I’m from Pune, India. I’m Software Engineer with most of my experience in C++ and java, RESTful web service. My DL and ML knowledge comes from fastai’s courses and I was part of Part 2 v2. Good to be back and explore more. Feel free to reach me on LinkedIn:

Hi @arunoda!
It is great to see a Sri Lankan here !

1 Like

Hello people! This is Vineeth. I’m from India and currently pursuing my undergraduate degree. I’m a beginner in Deep Learning. I am seeking for more clarity in DL and want to apply DL in NLP, specifically for Speech Recognition. This is about me! :slight_smile:

I’m excited :star_struck: and I hope it would be a great journey with this wonderful community!
Happy Learning!

1 Like

Hey,

Very excited to do the live course. I previously finished most of the first course online, did a few Kaggle competitions – it was very interesting how the winning approach on the TSA competition just did 3–4 details differently apart from putting much more effort into it – and some of my own experimenting with XGboost and with fine-tuning ImageNet-trained networks.

During the day, I’m a CIO at a (souvenir T-Shirt) design company, so I’ll probably be looking at adapting some networks for 3D renderings / cartoon / airbrush type art.

I’m in Sarasota, Florida if anyone is interested in meeting.

Stefan

Hi,

I’m Michal from Ireland years ago I emigrated from Poland.
Thanks, @jeremy for brilliant work, best AI learning materials and the opportunity to participate in learning group :slight_smile:

I hope we all have great fun and challenge :slight_smile:
I operate in UTC-0 but don’t sleep normal hours

Cheers

Michal

1 Like

Hi, I am Kay from the Bay area (south bay), trying to learn deep learning by myself. Looking forward to the online classes from 22 Oct. Anyone nearby interested in catching up for solving kaggle, exercises over weekends, please feel free to shout out!

Kay

Hi, Im Atchuth from Hyderabad,India. Currently in final year of my bachelors in computer science engineering. I did backend web development projects in PHP, baking security into the same. Was about to start front end, but saw the GUI 2 code algorithms and saw clearly the impact deep learning can have. If you are from Hyderabad do connect with me.