Introduce yourself here!

Hello i am Danny Iskandar based in Fishers, Indiana …yes the US city of sports home of Indiana Colts + Indy 500! Though I am not really a sports fan :frowning: I prefer to do the actually sports than being a spectator.

Anyway been fascinated about ML about 2 years ago, and been dabbling with the course from Udacity. fastai, coursera and of course Youtube! My problem I am also interested in other technologies too, i got sidetracked into bitcoin/blockchain, mobile web development, VR/AR … i struggled to focus which one. All those technologies fascinates me!

Hopefully this time I could summon my attention into more in Deep learning area than anything else.

I have background in engineering + business. The funny thing is during my thesis of Electrical + computer engr I was designing a system called Iris Recognition System with my Professor. We did not called it Machine learning back then, this was around 2007. I did not realize it was machine learning that I was doing till 2016/17 when I took the Udacity course online in ML. I said OMG that was machine learning. Seriously! I’ll be damned :slightly_smiling_face:

OK, Hope to learn a lot and can focus till the end:) (that is my biggest weakness) …and anybody from Indiana want to form study group pls feel free to reach me.

Thank you for Jeremy + Rachel for this oppty.

Love,
Danny

1 Like

Hello Peeps,

I’m Gaurang formerly from Mumbai, India but currently based out of Vancouver, Canada. I’ve done my masters in Computer Science (though 10 years ago) post which, I was fortunate enough to be part of a startup company in a field diametrically opposite to IT or Comp Science. I lead and raised the company for almost 10 years before life took a turn for better and got me here in Vancouver (3 months ago). Last year, I did a postgraduate programme in Business Analytics and Business Intelligence which introduced me to Data Analytics / ML / AI topics and reignited my passion for programming and Data Analysis. So here I am currently starting all over again. Really excited about the fast.ai course, i just hope ill be able to keep UP :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @SHAR1 … Thanks for your support and https://nurture.ai/ai-saturdays for giving knowledge about DL. In this v3 . I also like learn more get hands dirty in DL. Please do help and support as I am newbie

1 Like

Hi Friends ,
I’m Ashis from India. I’ve been going through fast.ai part 1 lessons and been blogging for couple of months about fast.ai lessons . check out my blog posts here . It has been really nice journey as the lessons are challenging.
Meanwhile I got to know about AISaturday chapter in bangalore which has been initiated by @SHAR1 .
Looking forward for the newest version.
Further I’m planning to make use of fast.ai library and work on new problems .
Happy Learning .

1 Like

Hey everyone
I am Anuroop Singh from India.
About myself:
I completed my 12th class( Higher Secondary Examination) in 2017 with very good marks. I have an urge in me to do something big. I took admission in Physics course because i am very much interested in Physics. But in 6 months I realized that i was wasting my time there. Because whatever i wanted to learn about Physics i can learn from books. I needed to be in some place where there is excitement about new tech & science. So after that i left that course. I didn’t know what i am going to do. There was a feeling but it was not clear. I was sure that i am not going to enroll in any professional course ever after this.
After some time i came to Bangalore because on internet it was written that it is “the Silicon Valley of India”. So i came here. I had no friends, i knew nothing about this place. Then i started to go to different meetups about technology and startup. One day i went to AISaturday organised by @SHAR1. I was interested in AI long before that. But going to that event gave me a force. On my first day in AiSaturday, I met @ashish . We both shared common interests so i went to live with him next day. And the i got to know about an internship program. Enrollment date was over. So right now i am going to every session of that internship without being enrolled there, just to learn.
I have recently completed fastai deep learning v2.
And i am working on some projects related to creative applications of AI.
I am also learning game designing.
Planning to do something intersecting Deep Learning, AR and Game.
And my search for an exciting environment and some big purpose is not yet over.

3 Likes

Hi everyone,

After running my own mobile development company for about 6 years, and being a Xamarin MVP for a number of years, I am taking a deep dive into deep learning. I read, study, write about and research as much as I can find (fast.ai v2, deeplearning.ai, the common books and papers…).

I’m working on making deep learning easier and more accessible on mobile devices (iOS and Android) and also give talks about “deep learning for mobile developers”.

I’m absolutely looking forward to the new course, and hope to interact with many of you. I know it will be worth loosing sleep over (following from Belgium :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Hello everyone! It is great to be a part of fast ai’s growing community . . .

My name is Sanjay, from India. I currently study in college and I am excited about the possibilities that are created due to deep learning. I wish to not only to apply deep learning to the problems we have yet unsolved but to create ideas and innovate this field and so many.

Hoping to have an amazing experience in the coming weeks . . .

Hi @SHAR1, thanks for the reply!

Didn’t know that you guys run offline study group in Bangalore. Could you share more details? How many people are there in the group? how often do you meet and where?

We can definitely find a way to collaborate.

Thanks!

Hi All,

This is Raj and I am from Bangalore. I have around 9 years of industry experience and I am working on ML based IoT security solution using Tensorflow.
I find fast.ai courses very useful to build a very strong foundation for ML/AI career.
Thank you for giving me an opportunity and lets have a great learning together.

1 Like

Hello everyone. I’m very excited to be a part if fast AI growing community.
I’m Sai Krishna from India. I’m currently doing some independent research on Deep Learning and Machine learning as well as AI.
Hope to be great start with our Fast AI community.

Hi everyone this is Ritesh from Hyderabad, India. I have done my graduation in Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering and now want to transition to Machine Learning field.I’m interested in Machine learning because of the power it gives us to impact humanity in a positive way. I have completed Andrew Ng’s Machine Learning course(stanford one).
I have been following fast.ai since I heard about it while watching Google I/O 2018, when fast.ai team beat google using their minimal resources on dawnbench test of stanford. I had done C programming and assembly language programming during my grads but after going through fast.ai blogs I understood that I have to brush up my coding and problem solving skills to excel in Machine Learning so I started CS50 course by Harvard. Right now I’m about to finish CS50 course.
I’m looking forward to learn and share knowledge with the great fast.ai community. A big thanks to @jeremy and @rachel for sharing such great content with us and that too free of cost.

Hi all!

I am Pratyaksha, from India. I am a student in my final year of engineering. I discovered machine learning about a year ago. Since then, I have up skilled myself in python and ML concepts with the help of various courses on coursera and edx and my final year project is also based on machine learning.
I am also working on a website. With a few posts up, it is a work in progress, so do bear with me.
After learning ML concepts, DL seemed to be the way forward. And when I came across fast.ai, it was just perfect.

A big thanks to everyone at fast.ai for making AI accessible to anyone. Really looking forward to this course.

1 Like

Hello fast.ai folks,
I am Youssouf from Algeria. I am a Master’s student in Combinatorial Optimisation, I have been studying AI theories and philosophy since 2012(self-studying). I have completed many MOOCs before such as the Udacity MOOC of " Introduction to AI " . and the machine learning course by Andrew Ng and now I am working on Deep learning Specialization by Andrew Ng. I found these courses very helpful to enter the field of DL/ML. I have start DL Part1 before but I didn’t complete it.
I’m so excited to start this journey with you guys.
Thank you @jeremy for everything.

1 Like

I am happy to receive such a positive response. If you don’t mind, lets continue this discussion here ----->link

Thanks !

1 Like

What an amazing group of people!

Hello all! My name is Ali, and I’m an architect based in the UAE. I’m interested in generative systems in architecture (example here and here), and I have an ongoing series of explorations that I share on twitter @WakeMeAtThree.

Excited to join you all and continue another round of fastai. I’ve done various courses prior to this, from the classic Andrew Ng course to part 1 of fastai set of courses. Most of my generative work is driven by uniform/gaussian random probabilities that I manually customize till I reach an interesting visual and spatial result, but I am also interested in exploring something more data-driven using GANs. I do not know if it will necessarily be better or worse than what I’m currently doing, but I would like to find out. I would also like to help contribute to the fastai repo as well as we go along.

@Gabriel_Syme Glad to find like-minded people. I have also come to appreciate computer vsion as well from this side interest, especially in its potential for making interesting generative systems as well. Good luck!

4 Likes

Hello! I’m Pablo from Madrid, Spain. I’m currently working as a Data Scientist in an IoT startup with Python.
I’m new to DL, but I love the applications that this technology can have in many sectors.
I am very excited about this course and I would like to meet people interested in it. Nice to meet you all!

Hi, my name’s Nicolás, and I from Argentina. Currently studying Software Engineering with hopes to graduate next year. I’ve watched the Fastai Machine Learning and Deep Learning part 1, and worked on a few Kaggle Competitions. I hope to get a better understanding on DL in general, and to learn the best practices in order to get better and meaningful results.
Now I’m working with object recognition, specially persons, and using PoseNet for further analysis.

Hi, I’m Andrei and I work as data scientist in fintech company. Thanks fastai cource for a lot of useful information that can be applycable in everyday projects! Looking forward to new cource, most of all I’m interested in tabular data analysis such as scoring, LTV and churn modelling

1 Like

Hey, bharadwaj here from Pune. Relatively new to everything ml and dl. Been coding for a while and work in a recruitment tech startup.
Studied at nanyang tech university Singapore.
Am super excited about the future.
Areas of interest: robotics, bio tech, languages, games, music, sports

Hi Pamin. I’m so glad that there is one more Thai student joining this course. My name is Niwech. I lived in Thailand originally. At the moment, I live in Texas. I believe there are many students from Thailand. Hopefully, we can team up and use this knowledge for good. Cheer!

1 Like