Welcome to deep learning part 1 v5! This thread will be updated with any important changes to the course, so please keep a close eye on it. Only admins are able to reply to this thread, so please subscribe to topic notifications to ensure you don’t miss anything – to do so, click “Normal” at the bottom of this post and change it to “Watching” (if it already says “Watching”, then you’re already done!)
There are help topics for beginner questions, to ensure that your questions aren’t missed. If you’re really new to all this stuff, then your question is especially welcome, since beginners often feel intimidated from posting a question for the first time, and as a result all the many students with that question never actually see it posted!
- Help: Setup
- Help: Creating a dataset, and using Gradio / Spaces
- Help: Using Colab or Kaggle
- Help: Python, git, bash, etc
- Help: SGD and Neural Net foundations
- Help: Basics of fastai, PyTorch, numpy, etc
- Help: Beginner questions that don’t fit elsewhere
Etiquette for Posting to Forums
- If you like a post, it’s better to “like” it with the rather than commenting. It saves traffic in the Forums and makes it easier for everyone to find posts.
- Please be mindful of looking to see if a topic exists before starting a new thread.
- Do a quick search of the forums to see if your question is already under discussion.
- Do not @ people if you are not referencing them for a specific reason that requires the attention of that forum member. Be especially mindful in mentioning Jeremy.
- You can use this thread to chat about pretty anything (except politics/religion/stuff that might start a flame war!): General chat . For other posts, please keep them to stuff that’s at least somewhat related to the course and its content.
- If you need to learn Python, see here: Recommended Python learning resources ✅
- I recorded 18 “live coding” sessions explaining from the foundations how to set up and use a GPU server to train and develop deep learning models – here are the live coding videos
- If you want to find out more about your fellow students, check out the introductions thread - and maybe add a bit about yourself there too!
- Here is advice on how to ask for help in a way that maximizes the chances someone else will be able to provide a helpful answer.