Diving Deep into PyTorch

@aakashns runs a PyTorch workshop titled “PyTorch: Zero to GANs” and they are available as blog posts on Medium. You can get the first part of the series here. They will also be available as youtube videos in the future, I believe. He had also done some videos on the fast-ai dev note books which can be accessed here.

I have also found the series by deep learning wizard on PyTorch to be good. The site can be accessed from here. I will add more resources as I go through them.

7 Likes

I did it (at least I think I did, not used to the Admin super-powers yet).

5 Likes

Thank you so much! Hurray!

I believe that Sylvain just wikified this post. Please add it on the top post wherever you find it appropriate. I am sure that these will be helpful to other students.

Hey man, glad to see you here. Do you mean the dev notebooks? If I guessed correctly what you mean, they are actually added to the post.

1 Like

I’ve been working a series of tutorials called PyTorch: Zero to GANs, inspired from the FastAI development notebooks. The first 3 tutorials are live at the moment:

1. PyTorch Basics: Tensors & Gradients
  2. Linear Regression and Gradient Descent
  3. Image Classification using Logistic Regression
  4. more coming soon (CNNs, RNNs, GANs etc.)

With some help from the Bangalore study group, we are also planning to conduct workshops and put the recordings online. I hope this will be useful resource for learning PyTorch in depth.

14 Likes

Thank you @aakashns! I am sure that these would be wonderful references for many people.

1 Like

If you are familiar with Numpy, you might find this one-to-one comparison of Numpy functions to PyTorch functions helpful.

4 Likes

This is an excellent tutorial, @aakashns! Thank you!

Except it has a very convoluted setup (which as I pointed out in the comment on medium doesn’t work on linux w/o fixing the conda env file). Suggestions to make it more accessible to more people:

• it could just say conda install pytorch torchvision -c pytorch
  • if you do continue with the setup you have now you first need to tell the user to quit the currently activated conda env, conda activate base otherwise what a mess it creates!
  • github repo would have been a lot easier to keep up with updates and being able to submit corrections.
4 Likes

This one is well designed too: http://deeplizard.com/learn/video/v5cngxo4mIg
But it has been sitting there for a few months now without continuation, incomplete… but things are explained quite well.

4 Likes

I found this tutorial useful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H3aw6wkCv0

With our local learning community we are currently going through part 1 and look deeper into PyTorch. For that we set up a repo which could be of interest for others:

Currently, we just started with lesson 1 and we will expand it with information and notebooks as we move along. So far you will find there a lot of very good PyTorch resources to get going.

We will also update it to include the great material posted in this thread!
Thank you all for the contributions!

7 Likes

This is wonderful! I am sure that it will be super helpful to many people. Could you please find a place to put it in the top post?

The deeplizard PyTorch series is really good. I can’t recommend it enough. It’s short, but the guy is an amazing teacher.

1 Like

Sounds great – could you please provide the URL?

Somehow this one is still missing in this thread (it‘s mentioned in others here on the forum though), a free udacity course by the makers of pytorch (facebook ai) on dl with pytorch, I found this to be pretty good! Includes sections you can probably skip depending on your level and non core sections like an interview with Soumith, but I can definitely recommend it.

4 Likes

I do agree it’s a very nice course.

stas provided one above, but here’s the link to the youtube playlist https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5cngxo4mIg&list=PLZbbT5o_s2xrfNyHZsM6ufI0iZENK9xgG

1 Like

Oh, please feel free to add it in the top post wherever you find appropriate. It is wikified so we all can edit. I am sure that it is a wonderful class.

Found someone’s notes from that audacity course (apparently only first 2 parts):

6 Likes