Developer chat

Yes, making object detection work end to end is on our TODO and will be done before the second part of the course begins, but it probably won’t fully work right now. I’d stick with calling the models explicitly for now, until we have sorted this out.

2 Likes

I have written a MultiTask API for one of my projects. It extends the DataBlock Api. I don’t know if it worths to add it to the library.

3 Likes

That looks very nice! It may be a bit specific to be included in fastai, but we can definitely link to it with other examples of custom ItemList or custom model definitions.

Finally, text in mixed precision is debugged and I can properly train an AWD-LSTM in mixed precision. QRNNs don’t support mixed-precision training however.
Haven’t tried Transformer and TransformerWL but there is no reason it shouldn’t work.

2 Likes

@sgugger will you record that, share slides? https://twitter.com/GuggerSylvain/status/1097893976072425472

Actually, it was an area that looked interesting and complex, so would be cool. Maybe even a summary in the docs at some point based on what you share

1 Like

Please have a look at:

and give us feedback. This just came out.

1 Like

I’ll share what I can, yes.

would be really usefull for tranformerxl - it really used a lot of gpu mem

hi, @deena-b i get the same issue, have you solved it ?

looks like tranformerXL is cpu bound - my cpu utilization is higher than the gpu utilization. Is that also your experience @sgugger

Some handy pytest extensions I have just discovered (click on the links for the full description, installation info).

I’ve been using this last plugin today a lot in various projects and I love it!

2 Likes

Hi @Carl1, I haven’t updated pytorch and fastai yet, but it sounded like that would fix it.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Shortest failing test sequence finder (coupled tests detector)

Breaking change

Did you all notice how we had ImageItemList but TextList and TabularList? Well not anymore. In master and v1.0.46 ImageItemList becomes ImageList.

2 Likes

I could use some CS algorithm help here.

Needing help with a search algorithm to find the shortest sequence of items that lead to a certain outcome (failed test in this case). Please see this post.

Thank you.

@sgugger has just released fastai-1.0.46, list of changes.

Also there was a bit of a mess up with 1.0.44 vs 1.0.45, which are really the same release. So I removed 1.0.45 from pypi/conda and there is 1.0.44 instead for those who want it. But, of course, 1.0.46 is out.

ImageItemList was renamed to ImageList for consistency and at the same time MixedItemList was introduced?

Looking forward to try the new TextClassificationInterpretation function!

That is correct. MixedItemList is a mix of ItemLists (and experimental for now), so there is no inconsistency here.

Hey, Jeremy –

Looks like the keyboard shortcut to bring up the list of Discourse shortcuts has been changed to shift-/ instead of just /, at least on Chrome on Linux. If this is universal, could you please edit your initial post to reflect this? Thanks!

Edited. Thank you for the heads up, @amqdn

2 Likes