Colorado or Mountain Time zone study group

Anyone in Colorado? How about Denver area? There’s not a mountain time specific group, so posting here and plan to also post to the Central time zone forum as well.

If there are a lot of Mountain Time zone high altituders, perhaps we can just do a virtual session?

Hi Seth,

I’m one of those high altituders and would be interested. I’m down in the Springs, so a virtual session would be good. I wasn’t originally in the forum and am traveling for work next week, so will be playing catch up. If you want to connect the following week let me know.

-Leslie

I think a study session would be great. I’m in south east Aurora, but still a good hour from Colorado Springs.

Evenings or weekends work best for me - let me know your availability.

Any preference for virtual meeting platform? Slack, Google, Skype, others?

Hi Seth,

Evenings and weekends work for me too. Would Wednesday evening work?

No preference on the virtual meeting platform, any would work.

I’m really enjoying this course. I appreciate the pragmatic code through approach. I won’t be able to watch Monday’s class live, but hope to watch it Tuesday evening .

I’m usually open Wednesdays, but this week and next week am already busy - Halloween and a family member’s birthday.

With you being out of town this week, would Tuesday (nov 6th) be a good alternative for next week?

Tuesday, the 6th works great. I’m going to spend today spending some time working with the lesson 2 notebook, so should be ready to chat tomorrow. Any time in the evening, before 8 would work.

How about 7pm?

I’m behind on lesson 2 - haven’t had a chance to try anything since watching the live stream last week, but should have time tomorrow to do some work on it. I’m curious to see what someone else has done for a custom project and what things have worked well.

I’ve created a slack channel - this link should allow you to join:

https://join.slack.com/t/fastai-colorado/shared_invite/enQtNDcyNTY5NjgzMjM0LTgwZDFhYzNiOTAxMmQ5NGNiZjAyYjQzNThjN2EyOWMyZmQ4YzVlOGEyOTExZTBjOTRlY2M1NzgxN2FhMGVlZWE

If we want more than that, I can send a Zoom invite via slack that allows videoconferencing/screen sharing

7 pm works, Seth. I’ll talk to you then. Thanks for setting up the channel.

Hello, I just started a topic on fastai study groups to gather feedbacks from the organizers and participants in order to list the best practices and also to avoid some gaps.

You will find more information in this post. Thank you if you can take a few minutes to participate in the discussion :slight_smile: