Collaborative Lesson Notes

would like to thank @hiromi and @timlee , your notes (PDF) are very helpful… thanks much again

1 Like

@Lankinen Thank you for your work on lesson 8. I find that you are using Google Drive for the note. However, it ask permission to read it. I think you can mark it public and don’t share anywhere else of fast.ai so you don’t need to accept hundred of requests :smiley:

Thank you for letting me know this. I changed the sharing settings and now everyone should be available to modify it

1 Like

Great. I think you are working hard reformatting from Medium to Word. The pioneer always do much work. The next time I think you can improve a little bit with Jupyter and post it on github. It supports code formatting and latex. Thank you for sharing !

1 Like

Yeah I agree. This was a mistake that I started creating the notes with Medium and then realized that I should use some other platform that supports collaborative working.

Just adjusted the course numbering. Hopefully it is less confusing now.

Hey @jcatanza, does your choices of courses still stand correct?

You mean my choices of lessons to coordinate? Yes. I also edited the page by adding dates and times. Could you please double check that I got the times right? Thanks!

How can we find a link to notes from the top post?

1 Like

Each lesson coordinator should edit the wiki to add the link to their notes once they are posted.

I annotated lesson 8 notebooks with links to the lecture video. Annotated notebooks are shared in a repo https://github.com/sergeman/annotated-fastai-notebooks

If you found these annotations useful, let me know so I would keep sharing them as we go through the course

2 Likes

couldnt find the link @Lankinen , can you share? thx

Thanks! For some reason it was in the raw text but couldn’t be seen on the real version. But now it should work. Here is the same link again https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dAOejATbpO7mmypZRmxFHg5weMKzhvzaOxXFxs4wTUw

@hiromi @PegasusWithoutWinds

Who is compiling notes? I finally finished lesson 8, though I see many others have done the same. Mine are also on github, with screenshots + code blocks + short comments. I’d be happy to post the notes on this forum in markdown, but not sure where the proper place to put them. For now I’ll make a new thread and hopefully it fits.

Anyone have input?

4 Likes

Aww. I did miss the wonderful clean notes from you. Thanks!
I did see it in Lesson 8 Notes thread and it does help when I’m searching the forum for answers. I wish there’s a way to consolidate somehow, but notes from different people are quite different, so I wouldn’t know how. Maybe @PegasusWithoutWinds has ideas.

Ah, please just add another row under the class you have created note for in the top post.

@timlee , your notes are super helpful and clean. I wish there is a separate thread for your notes alone with in the forum.

Lesson 9 notebooks annotated with links to the lecture video are available in the github repo https://github.com/sergeman/annotated-fastai-notebooks

I hope you would find these annotations useful

3 Likes

Thanks so much @sergeman !

1 Like