Chicago - USA area

Haha why Illinois is so broke. That could be a fun one. Maybe because they sell off all good sources of income such as parking and politicians are very corrupt?

1 Like

Hi @Daniel.R.Armstrong and @agoldina,

I found this very good article about medical imaging with fastai

He also gave some links for publicly available medical imaging datasets.

He also developed a library on the top of fastai.

I found one more similar and very good repository for medical imaging using fastai

1 Like

I read the first article you posed, and I thinking my knowledge about medical imaging might not be good enough to munge the data into a format we can use, did you have any success? What data set/type of images sould/did I/we/you start with. I am very curious about the alzheimer data set(kaggle).

Do we still want to have a conference tomorrow? I would love to learn more about medical imaging.

I have spend most of my time on a ds certification and teaching/preparing for the meetup I lectured at last Tuesday. I also learned about Broadcasting.

We can have conference. You can explain about broadcasting if you want. If you have some other topics to discuss then you are most welcome to do so.

I spent last month with histopathology kaggle competition without much success. But I learned about “gradient heat map” while working on this competition. I can talk about that.

I haven’t done with medical imaging yet but planning to take on one project this month. I can talk about my plan too.

Sounds good to me, do you want to meet at 4pm? @agoldina

Hello, I just started a discussion thread on fastai study groups to gather feedbacks from the organizers and participants in order to list the best practices and also to avoid some gaps.

You will find more information in this post. Thank you if you can take a few minutes to participate in the discussion :slight_smile:

4 pm is good for me. I hope @agoldina can join us too.

I am have a car issues, I wont be able to meet up today, sorry

Sure. How about your availability in coming Sundays ?

I cant do the next three Sunday. :frowning:

Ok. We will see if next month is possible.

anyone got invitation for international fellowship (online) 2019 part 2 ? If yes then interested in reinvigorating Chicago study group?

I did, I am so excited!

Likewise @Daniel.R.Armstrong and likewise!

I’m interviewing with a SF based shop right now, and if I get the job I think I may do part 2 in person though.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

1 Like

I hope you get it, I love SF.

Not sure if this forum is still active, but I just started the course. If anyone is in Chicago and looking to form up a study group please let me know.

I’m really inexperienced with study groups. How would we go about this. Btw I mainly reside in Palatine, Illinois.

In the past we did it via a Google meet, it was alot of fun to get to know each other and talk about our pet projects. I think the problem is that we didn’t have enough members to keep it going on a consistent basis. @a_sharma @scalarmikeman.

@Daniel.R.Armstrong Thanks for the tip on Google Meet. I think that could work. @JordanGarcia I’m in Naperville, but commute to downtown everyday for work. I was thinking get together every week or two. Most likely this would happen online. If anyone wanted to discuss what they’ve created or are having trouble with any topics in the course we could talk about them. Let me know if you’re interested and we could try it out.

Oh cool. I know where Naperville is actually. I can definitely shoot for google meets and stuff too. I’m going through my second lap around this course slowly so I can really digest the library.

About the meetups. I think I’ll be fine with google meet or whatever.