A walk with fastai2 - Vision - Study Group and Online Lectures Megathread

Did you update Pandas @foobar8675?

yeah, i ran

!pip install pandas --upgrade

at the beginning. i was running a colab right out of here . https://github.com/muellerzr/Practical-Deep-Learning-for-Coders-2.0/blob/master/Tabular%20Notebooks/01_Pandas.ipynb . am i doing something wrong?

I just made a simple example, grabbing code off the pandas website. https://colab.research.google.com/drive/1Yg5PhV2gwe6cxt2mff7I66a2XzYsWoTW and getting the same error. :frowning:

Try without upgrading

2 Likes

Oh man! Thanks a lot! Now I have figured it out.

The filestructure looks like this:
- deploy_model.ipynb
- style_transfer
+ - init.py
- _nbdev.py
- style_transfer.py

Therefore I have to import all of the classes and function with:

from style_transfer.style_transfer import *

Now I can access them directly.

With from style_transfer import * I would have to access them by referencing style_transfer: e.g. style_transfer.TransformerNet.

1 Like

hi, just checked and run fine on Version: 1.0.1 and Version: 0.25.3.
your error is related to something else it seems:

do you have the titanic dataset downloaded ?

Hi,

I finally spot the problems that the function has (YAY!). As a summary if someone would like to implement it:

1. Transforms on GPU are on batch so the shape of the tensor is like 4x3x244x244. In this specific case, the function should change values in the x[;,channel,None,None]. This is easily spot if you run dblock.summary(path) and see the last part when batch is built.
  2. It is necessary to input and output TensorImage for the function to work with the rest of batch transforms.

The code if someone wants to use it:

@patch
def rgb_randomize(x:TensorImage, channel:int=None, thresh:float=0.3, p=0.5):
    "Randomize one of the channels of the input image"
    if channel is None: channel = np.random.randint(0, x.shape[1])
    x[:,channel,None,None] = torch.rand(x[:,channel,None,None].shape) * np.random.uniform(0, thresh)
    return TensorImage(x)
class rgb_transform(RandTransform):
    order=10
    def __init__(self, channel=None, thresh=0.3, p=0.5, **kwargs):
        super().__init__(p=p)
        self.channel,self.thresh,self.p = channel,thresh,p
    def encodes(self, x:TensorImage): return TensorImage(x).rgb_randomize(channel=self.channel,thresh=self.thresh, p=self.p )

Then you can instantiate it in your batch transforms like:
batch_tfms=[*aug_transforms(flip_vert=True), rgb_transform(thresh=0.99, p=1)]

And run Datablock as usual.

I would like to thank @sgugger for the infinite help on this. I will suggest a PR as soon as possible.

4 Likes

@Joan the other change we need to do is for the channel. Currently the whole batch will have the same channel being changed.
So we should select random numbers between 0 to 3 for each image in the batch.

i have a batch of 4 images, bs_img which is of shape [bs,ch,wd,ht].
for each of these four images i want to select a channel randomly to update.
so for example in img1 i only want to change channel 0 ( keeping channel 1,2 as the original),
img2 i only want to change channel 2 ( keeping channel 0,1 as the original) and so on.
so i have a way to choose the channels randomly:
channel = torch.LongTensor(bs).random_(0, 3)
Now i’m trying to implement:

bs[0,channel[0],:,:]= update
bs[1,channel[1],:,:]= update

how do i do it in a broadcastable way?
Thanks in advance

odd. yes, i was running the notebook exactly from zach’s repo in a colab.

I’ll take a look here in a moment and see if I can reproduce it :slight_smile: (sorry I haven’t been interactive much guys, dealing with getting ready for a conference :slight_smile: )

1 Like

i think i’m the only one with this error, and was able to move on without upgrading and am prob doing something wrong. i don’t think it’s worth your time to look Zach.

I’m trying to make a starter kernel for https://www.kaggle.com/c/liverpool-ion-switching based on tabular lesson 1. one difference is there is no category data, the only data field is continuous.

when making the kernel, which is here https://www.kaggle.com/matthewchung/fastai2?scriptVersionId=29967701 i get this error

/opt/conda/lib/python3.6/site-packages/fastai2/tabular/model.py in <listcomp>(.0)
     23 def get_emb_sz(to, sz_dict=None):
     24     "Get default embedding size from `TabularPreprocessor` `proc` or the ones in `sz_dict`"
---> 25     return [_one_emb_sz(to.classes, n, sz_dict) for n in to.cat_names]
     27 # Cell

/opt/conda/lib/python3.6/site-packages/fastcore/foundation.py in __getattr__(self, k)
    221             attr = getattr(self,self._default,None)
    222             if attr is not None: return getattr(attr, k)
--> 223         raise AttributeError(k)
    224     def __dir__(self): return custom_dir(self, self._dir() if self._xtra is None else self._dir())
    225 #     def __getstate__(self): return self.__dict__

AttributeError: classes

which is because it’s expecting classes from the embedding. I tried passing in an emb_szs on None as well, which gives a different error. Suggestions?

@foobar8675 can you move this to the tabular megathread and provide the full code? We won’t hit regression til next week

1 Like

Hi @barnacl. For the purpose of the pipeline I am doing I am quite well with the batch transform because I only want to modify channel 1. A possible solution could be to implement the code as item transform (CPU) rather than in GPU. It should be slower but easier to implement I guess.

1 Like

in the ScalarRegression notebook (the one where w e predict age).
When i train for more than one cycle my accuracy is not changing though the loss is decreasing.

any idea what i’m missing. i have made no other changes in the notebook.
Thank you.

Is there an implementation of Faster-RCNN with fastai2 (or even v1, but preferably v2).

No. I started looking at it but didn’t get far. If you search GitHub I’m pretty sure it was done in v1 before

@muellerzr did you get a chance to look at this ^

@barnacl I did not, apologies, it’s crazy both here on the forums (with the new course) and at home so give me a few days and I’ll take a look :slight_smile:

1 Like

absolutely, thank you :slight_smile: