I just watched last week’s video! Very interesting content @muellerzr , I loved the EfficientNet explanation . For the theory of style transfer, I totally recommend this series for a brilliant and complementary explanation of the theory.
I tried to segment a food dataset (pretty cool!) following the tutorial but I am getting a weird error . Does somebody know what the issue is? (Also, I am looking for people to join my team in this competition )
RuntimeError: CUDA error: device-side assert triggered
@mgloria you found one of the most common segmentation issues and I’m also going to talk about it next lecture. I meant to put that in! That means your codes don’t align to the number of classes present in your dataset
IE: I made 4 labels but in reality there are five. If there’s a strange one because they all “should” be there, add one more blank or other category. Should fix it
Did you also try not including it too? (I assume so). It’s a hard bug to figure out. There’s a few discussions on debugging it on the forum, I’ll see what I can dig up but basically another way of doing it is finding the maximum pixel value in your mask, add 1 to it and that tells you the number of classes as well.
This is common when we don’t know how the data was prepared beforehand, and it’s an issue that you don’t realize until you’ve started working with the data
@mgloria just to point out you need to update your vmin, vmax (won’t solve the CUDA error though)
plus i think you don’t need to mention vmin, vmax. matplotlib will handle it.
You could try to find the unique values in your mask and count that to double check if you are missing something.
The error i was making was my mask was 3d instead of it being 2d.
Any reason why you are not using background in the accuracy calculation ? mask = targ != void_code - you are saying when we calc accuracy i don’t care where we have background (i’m not sure if you want that ?)
In camvid void was used because there were some pixels which didn’t fall in any of the mask categories.
Could you point out to the dataset or a small subset (maybe upload a few to you github) would like to try out and see if i can help
Keypoints will cover this but if you can provide a dataset where it’s an individual number itself (for true regression) I can include that in that lesson too (Tried looking for this but couldn’t find much) if so we’ll do single regression.
@muellerzr, sorry that I could not share the data I have yet. But, I get pretty good results for my problem compared to classical regression (with hand made feature engineering) . Busy writing paper about it too.
What I’ll likely do is just provide a detailed notebook for those few other examples since I’m not quite sure how they’d fit in time wise, but they’ll be there (if the DataBlock/bunch is complex like Siamese is then I’ll talk about it in class)
@s.s.o one option may be a multi-headed model (which this would actually be a really cool example to do this. I may test it out.)
Basically it would work as such:
We define a custom head in which it has two final linear layers. The first of which would have 1 outputs (our number) and the other would have 2 (binary) and we pass the final layer before it to each and return both (if that makes sense to you)