Where is the dog breed lesson notebooks from Lesson 3?

Where is the dog breed notebook from lesson 3? It is about 40 minutes in and entitled “tmp_lesson1-breeds.ipynb”. I can’t find that file or “lesson1-breeds.ipnyb”

The dog breeds notebook is left as a self assignment which can be done with the help of video and the lesson1 notebook. Since its similar in nature its not provided in the repository.

All the notebooks which begin with tmp-* will not be available to be downloaded to our repository.
.gitignore masks them while cloning…

Hi Navin,
Thank you for the explaination on dog breed

Off topic: Is there any course note on which cell / sequence to run on Lesson 3 Rossman ?
In [53]: columns = [“Date”, “Store”, “Promo”, “StateHoliday”, "SchoolHoliday]
In [31]: df = train[columns]
In [54]: df = test[columns]

I am not clear on what you are asking…
I guess your question is how to run the notebook after the cells you have mentioned… Is there any notes in wiki.

If the above is your query, you can check in Wiki: Lesson 3
. I think the wiki- does not answer your query… kindly check out the wiki if I have missed it…

The rossman notebook is designed to be run interactively… I am refering the below from https://github.com/fastai/fastai/blob/master/courses/dl1/lesson3-rossman.ipynb

1st Iteration: for the training set ie
From cell No: 31 df = train[columns] Exclude Cell No:54
and run until and including Cell No: 49 joined = join_df(joined, df, [‘Store’, ‘Date’])

2nd Iteration . This time for the test set.
from cell No: 53 . columns = [“Date”, “Store”, “Promo”, “StateHoliday”, “SchoolHoliday”]
This time exclude cell No: 31 , Include Cell No:54 df = test[columns]
Exclude Cell No: 49 joined = join_df(joined, df, [‘Store’, ‘Date’])

Henceforth one can proceed executing cell wise till the end of the notebook.

It would be better to understand the flow of the notebook with the help of the video. This post is just a guidance .

hope it helps

Hi Navin,
Yes, thank you for your clarification.
Now I have to learn pandas to figure out how to skip data cleaning, join and df but keep the vars, embdings and data to plug into model.
Cheers!

There is one now: https://github.com/fastai/fastai/blob/master/courses/dl1/lesson1-breeds.ipynb

The competition has been finished, so this notebook is now made available to all, to make it easier to follow the video lessons.

I found a copy of it in this repo https://github.com/tanakatsu/fastai-course1-v2. It isn’t the exact copy of Jeremy’s notebook, but was developed by a fastai student. So it’s slightly different.

Here are the changes that were applied to the version found under the github repo mentioned above before it was committed to the fastai repo:

• cleaned up the corrections that were made due to the API changes made since the video lessons.
  • added a few notes where to find data needed for that notebook to run.
  • edited the last section to remove the non-working code and clarify that there are 2 methods.
  • removed the hardcoded section numbers (jupyter generates those automatically).

You’re also invited to improve upon it and get a better accuracy - currently it stands at 0.926. If you do please submit a pull request with improvements (just the code changes).

2 Likes