Paperspace setup help

I’m getting the same error using a UK post code. Removing the space doesn’t solve the problem for me. I’ve reported the problem to Paperspace.

Is there an easy way to switch between only cpu and gpu with paperspace?
because when you just trying something in the notebook and debugging you dont really need a gpu.
with crestle you simply switched that button, so you could try some things with you code very cheaply and than run it with the gpu. however with paperspace you seem to be stuck with the gpu. any ideas?

Anyways, if somenbody needs a promo code.
https://www.paperspace.com/&R=7QIX6RI

3 Likes

My problem was resolved by using a different debit card. It didn’t like Monzo.

Promo code for 10$ https://www.paperspace.com/&R=29QXDII

Try a different card. In my case, it worked with MasterCard but didn’t work with visa

Thanks to @dillon and team there’s now an updated fast.ai template we can use, which means you don’t have to set up your instance from scratch! I’ve updated the top post with the following:

The video shows how to set up paperspace from scratch, but that’s no longer necessary - instead, choose the ‘fast.ai’ paperspace template (instead of the ubuntu template) when you create your instance.

(No need to re-create your instance if it’s already working - paperspace have simply run the script I provided to create this template, so it should be identical to what you already have.)

@reshama - is there any chance you could update your terrific setup page with this new info?

4 Likes

@jeremy
updated Paperspace instructions to use fastami template :white_check_mark:

Super news!

4 Likes

thanks @dkobran
I’ve added the link to the Paperspace instructions.

2 Likes

@reshama Thanks for doing that.

One thing I wanted to clarify is that under Step 6 it mentions that you pay for storage each time. Fortunately, that is not the case. If you deactivate a machine, a corresponding amount of credit is added so you actually only pay for the amount of time the storage was used (it’s prorated like compute).

This is definitely confusing and we’ll be moving storage to the end of the month soon to make it more clear. The good thing is, you can create/destroy machines all day and you will only get charged while the storage is active (to the millisecond!). Apologies for the confusion!

2 Likes

@dkobran
That’s good to hear! (as I set up my machine 3 times, so that would have instantly used up $15 right there).
I’ve updated the text to:

storage costs are pro-rated (like compute (or “usage”) costs)

That is great news!

Here’s another referral code. Machine recreated. NV1X8GG

I am trying to setup paperspace, and have been able to launch the Jupyter Notebook. But for some reason the page is coming as blank in the browser. However, I could see in the paperspce cli that the Jupyter notebook is getting launched.
I am using Mac and facing the same issue both on Safari and Chrome. Has anyone faced this issue or know the resolution. Thanks a lot. Can’t wait to fix it asap and start the course :slight_smile:

Thanks
Suvro

Created my machine on my personal windows PC, excited to get started. Here is a referral code, if anyone is interested to get extra Paperspace credit. Have a good one.

Send $10 to a friend and earn $15 in account credit!

Share your referral code:
I0NBII5

Thank you very much @Ralph, this is encouraging :smiley: . I appreciate your detailed response.

What do these 3 command phrases do?
echo 'export PATH=~/anaconda3/bin:$PATH' >> ~/.bashrc
export PATH=~/anaconda3/bin:$PATH
source ~/.bashrc

Hi,

I am unable to use paperspace server, they rejected my credit card because I am come from outside US. If I use Amazon, can I still follow all the walkthrough on the video or this courses exclusively to used in paperspace server?

We support AWS too.

For 6 days I spent most of the time on paperspace waiting for it to start up; finally cancelled the account today. I was able to load the fast ai library and look at the notebooks. Couldn’t get around to load new data. I am in CA. Is my experience unique? Trying to decide if I should give it another try or go back to aws?

I haven’t experienced that myself. You may want to contact their support, or ask @dillon here who is from Paperspace.