No response from paperspace

(Sagar) #1

Paperspace has not yet enabled the use of public templates for me. How much time it usually takes for them to enable the access?
Does this code “$15 credit code you can use: FASTAI6GKZ” as mentioned by reshma still work in paperspace?
Sagar

(Will) #2

I tried reaching out to them in January multiple times and never heard a peep. I ultimately built my own local rig.

I think a lot of people using the cloud have moved to AWS which is covered in of the videos(possibly DL2) I can’t remember.

(Sagar) #3

This is so unfortunate. Thanks Will for responding, can you share the process of setting up rig on AWS?
Also any reason you did not use Crestle.

Sagar

(Arka Sadhu) #4

Well I got one paperspace machine this month. It took me around 4-5 days. They said there was a surge in demand for 0.4$ instances, but 0.65$ and 0.9$ were ample.

(Sagar) #5

Well they don’t allow to select instance. As soon as I select fast.ai template it says request for permission and it is pending.

Sagar

(Arka Sadhu) #6

Could be an issue with the region you are choosing. Also, try contacting the support team as well. They responded after 2-3 business days.

Also in the meanwhile you could use Google Colab (which is free) for experimentations.

(Will) #7

her entire github should be helpful but that’s the specific link on how to set up for AWS. Again, Jeremy covers it in one of the videos, i just can’t remember which one.

(Sagar) #8

Thanks