GPU server on cloud

Came across a GPU server on cloud for ml. It says approximately $200/mo or 0.67/hr https://www.paperspace.com/ml Has anyone had any experience with it.

i have seen it, but i havent tried it, maybe we can

I just created a GPU instance on paperspace. 8GB GPU for $0.40/hr. Setup was totally painless and came preconfigured with Keras 2.0 and Tensorflow 1.1

Anybody have experience with their billing?

Hi Jerry, Can you give me some feedback regarding Paperspace. How was/is your experience? Are you still using it? Thanks Sankar

I’m still using it, and I’m happy to report that they invoice per minute billing. They also have a setting to switch off the machine after X hours, in case I forget.

I think the GPU is less powerful, but I find it much easier to set up and get going, no messing about with AWS. Probably the only thing I configured was to turn off password SSH.

If it helps, heres a referral code: OM6JAO

1 Like

Thank you very much.

Also, have a look at:
https://www.hetzner.com/dedicated-rootserver/ex51-ssd-gpu?country=ot
99eur/month (+99eur setup fee)

Specs are great (i7-6700 Quad-Core, GTX1080, 64GB RAM, 2 x 500 GB SATA) but I haven’t used them yet.

Hi Jerry, Took the plunge and joined paperspace.
Had to select linux ml-in-a-box to the get the GPU+ machine.

Now that I got the machine, i did not find anaconda installed.
Did you install anaconda or are you not using jupyter notebooks.

Thanks

Sankar - I think anaconda is fairly easy to install? No I don’t use jupyter on cloud GPU… I typically experiment on local machine and then just run a queue of experiments on cloud GPU when im ready.

HTH

I was using AWS before, as set up by the course’s setup scripts.

I’m now trying out Paperspace and found it quite a bit easier to get into compared to AWS.
I installed conda through miniconda and then used that to install jupyter. Took me about an hour to figure that out.

Ideally I’d love to get all my setup into a Docker image or similar and be free to switch platforms at whim.

However that requires nvidia-docker and that gave me some headaches so I put it off for now.