(Fun with lesson8) Rotation adjustment -- things you can do without annotated dataset!

There are a lot of fun things to do with un-annotated dataset, this is one of them.

I have taken the PASCAL dataset and thrown away all annotation. Next I wrote a few custom transformers, so that the pictures will be rotated, and the y values are rotations.

Add custom head, find optimum LR, freeze and unfreeze head and fit a few times.
After 5 minutes of training, I got some somewhat satisfying results.

… I thought it was cool…

20 Likes

So you have learned the rotations? Very nice!
which architecture did you use? are those results of test data that wasn’t part of the training set?

1 Like

That’s terrific! If you’re interested, it might be worth training that on a larger dataset (e.g. you could combine COCO + Pascal 2007 and 2012) and trying to get a model that works really well, then maybe create a little web app or client-side app that people can use to fix up their photos! :slight_smile:

I also think this would make a great blog post.

1 Like

Pretty much exactly the same as Lesson one architecture, just with custom head.

Thanks!

I can totally see this as python flask web app, deployed on pythonanywhere for 3 months for free.

For now, I’ll just write a quick blog post maybe, and move on to lecture 9mod7=2 — my plan is to make a small project/ for each lecture, and I’m already tad behind…

2 Likes

Lesson 9mod7 perhaps should be the new official naming scheme.

5 Likes

Hi, maybe you can share your notebook ?