Avoiding be billed: can I replace t2.xlarge by t2.micro?

Hi,
I created a t2.xlarge instance that uses 30 Gb. I noticed that with t2.xlarge I am being billed because the instance is out of Free Tier configuration. For this course, can I change from t2.xlarge to t2.micro and continue to use the same 30Gb volume? T2.micro is enough for this course? Yes, I still need create a p2.xlarge instance to be able to use gpu to compute all the datasets of this course. In short words, I am thinking to have a t2.micro, p2.xlarge and a 30Gb volume shared for both instances. Is that feasible?
Regards.

2 Likes

Jeremy suggests the approach of getting your tests to run on t2.micro on sample data and then if you feel it’s necessary to get a quicker result spinning up a larger instance / gpu instance to run your full experiment there.

1 Like

Hi @glyph, this approach sounds good. In this case I can use t2.micro or even my local computer to run the samples and then, if I want to get better idea about the full dataset or even if I want to send my results to Kaggle, then a gpu instance is the way and I will be billed for just one instance instead of two.
Thanks.

1 Like