WWC (Women Who Code) Study Group (worldwide)

We have formed an online study group for women anywhere in the world who are interested in deep learning via fast.ai together. This study group is open for any level of experience, all are encouraged to join.

Here is an invitation just for YOU:
https://join.slack.com/t/twimlai/shared_invite/zt-cz8pjj3k-el_8fcAB5_3TYigeaf~Osg

Look for the “#fast_ai_dl1v4_wwc” channel once you join.

We will also continue to post here. So, please join us in whatever way works best for you!

4 Likes

Sounds great. Count me in.

2 Likes

@jess would you consider making this a public topic? I sent a screenshot to some of my female friends and they’re interested but can’t access the post.

EDIT: I realize this a study group for the current course in which case it can’t be a public post. Nonetheless, I’ll ask them to sign up on the forums and DM you ?

1 Like

Thanks for this @jess! :slight_smile: Please also let folks in that group know about our “official project group” and encourage them to swing by when they can. Or maybe we can even schedule some times where Rachel or I can join the WWC group for 30 mins or so to chat and take questions, if that’s of interest.

1 Like

I am interested in joining!

1 Like

@akashpalrecha Great idea! I’ve copied this as a public post in Part 1 (2019). If there’s a more appropriate section, let me know. Thanks for letting your friends know about this study group, too!

@jeremy I’ll let folks know about the official project group and encourage them to join in there, too. It would be fantastic if you and/or Rachel can join the WWC group sometime. I already know it would definitely be of interest!

1 Like

We are THIRTY NINE as of this evening (March 28)… off to a good start! :partying_face:

If you want to join us, here is an invitation just for YOU:
https://join.slack.com/t/twimlai/shared_invite/zt-cz8pjj3k-el_8fcAB5_3TYigeaf~Osg

Look for the “#fast_ai_dl1v4_wwc” channel once you join.

3 Likes

I’d love to join, but I’m not seeing the #fast_ai_dl1v4_wwc channel in the list for some reason.

Hi @go_go_gadget (love your screen name!). If you click on the word “Channels”, you’ll see the full list of channels available. Right now, it looks like you’re only seeing highlighted channels. Let me know if you still can’t find it and I’ll help. It would be great to have you join us!

1 Like

Silly of me. Thanks!

@go_go_gadget, Thanks to your message, I took a closer look and found quite a few who were also not finding the channel easily. So, you just helped the group grow A LOT by asking about this. Thank you!

1 Like

Our study group meets every Saturday at 8-9:30am PDT via Zoom. There are 39 of us so far (from around the world, all levels of experience) come join!

Here’s the slack group.

Look for the “#fast_ai_dl1v4_wwc” channel after you join.

1 Like