Where Do You Look Up To Know More?

Do you Google stuff and immerse in the searches or have a separate list of reliable DL sources?

When searching for more information about a topic taught in the course, Google is a great tool - as always. Besides that, I also use ChatGPT if I have trouble understanding and need an explanation of a concept taught in the course. It also helps a lot to give corrections on your code.

Another suggestion I’d make is to check out Perplexity. It is a really fast search engine powered by GPT-3.5 and GPT-4 which uses search results and summarizes them by also providing sources. At this point, I think it’s better than using Google in most of the cases.

A third option I’d recommend is having a look into lectures by Stanford (YouTube link) and Harvard (YouTube link). It’s a great way to get deeper into individual concepts that aren’t explained further in the FastAI lectures.

To summarize, search engines like Google and Perplexity can help you answer specific questions about new topics. Also, ChatGPT can be used to get individualized feedback, for example on your code or more specific questions. If you want to deepen your understanding of a specific concept, lectures on YouTube like the ones provided in the paragraph above can be a great option.

1 Like

Perplexity is so damn awesome. Thanks for letting me know about it!

1 Like