Verify_images error

Hello,

After coming back to my notebook in after a month, and updated fast.ai library, I received this errors in my notebook:

for c in classes:
    print(c)
    verify_images(path/c, delete=True, max_workers=8)

Image data/financial_pictures/increasing_chart/00000021.jpg has 4 instead of 3
Image data/financial_pictures/increasing_chart/00000143.jpg has 4 instead of 3
Image data/financial_pictures/increasing_chart/00000296.jpg has 4 instead of 3
Image data/financial_pictures/increasing_chart/00000092.jpg has 4 instead of 3
Image data/financial_pictures/increasing_chart/00000256.jpg has 4 instead of 3
Image data/financial_pictures/increasing_chart/00000036.jpg has 4 instead of 3
Image data/financial_pictures/increasing_chart/00000145.jpg has 4 instead of 3
Image data/financial_pictures/increasing_chart/00000274.jpg has 1 instead of 3

Does this look familiar to anyone ? It’s too bad that the versions aren’t backwards compatible/stable.

Thanks!

HI again - I seemed to have solved that issue, but am getting this now:

$ data.show_batch(rows=3, figsize=(7,8))

File "/home/ubuntu/anaconda3/lib/python3.7/site-packages/fastai/vision/transform.py", line 194, in _find_coeffs
    return torch.gesv(B,A)[0][:,0]
RuntimeError: B should have at least 2 dimensions, but has 1 dimensions instead

Same for me, did other people got the same issue?

EDIT : check Lesson 1 Discussion ✅
We’re not the only one, I’ve played with few conda env here for a while but I have no idea to fix this for the moment… If more people struggle with it maybe I’ll open an issue on github :slight_smile:

Hi,

I have a similar issue as well I’ve been trying to create an image classifier through screenshots of images, and all of these screenshots will have the same error from the ‘verify_image’ function stating ‘has 4 instead of 3’.

Any update on this issue?

Here is one of the screenshots:

I am running into this as well on the course notebook, as well as others. I was unable to run the Lesson1-pets.ipynb cell where the IMageDataBunch was being created, so I tried verify images. I cannot find information on how to resolve.

verify_images(path/'train'/'NORMAL')
100.00% [7390/7390 00:20<00:00]

Image /home/ubuntu/.fastai/data/oxford-iiit-pet/images/Egyptian_Mau_177.jpg has 1 instead of 3
Image /home/ubuntu/.fastai/data/oxford-iiit-pet/images/Egyptian_Mau_167.jpg has 1 instead of 3 
Image /home/ubuntu/.fastai/data/oxford-iiit-pet/images/Egyptian_Mau_139.jpg has 1 instead of 3 
Image /home/ubuntu/.fastai/data/oxford-iiit-pet/images/Egyptian_Mau_191.jpg has 1 instead of 3 
Image /home/ubuntu/.fastai/data/oxford-iiit-pet/images/Abyssinian_5.jpg has 4 instead of 3 
Image /home/ubuntu/.fastai/data/oxford-iiit-pet/images/Abyssinian_34.jpg has 1 instead of 3 
Image /home/ubuntu/.fastai/data/oxford-iiit-pet/images/Egyptian_Mau_186.jpg has 4 instead of 3 
Image /home/ubuntu/.fastai/data/oxford-iiit-pet/images/Egyptian_Mau_14.jpg has 4 instead of 3 
Image /home/ubuntu/.fastai/data/oxford-iiit-pet/images/Egyptian_Mau_145.jpg has 1 instead of 3 
Image /home/ubuntu/.fastai/data/oxford-iiit-pet/images/staffordshire_bull_terrier_22.jpg has 1 instead of 3 
Image /home/ubuntu/.fastai/data/oxford-iiit-pet/images/staffordshire_bull_terrier_2.jpg has 1 instead of 3 
Image /home/ubuntu/.f`astai/data/oxford-iiit-pet/images/Egyptian_Mau_129.jpg has 1 instead of 3

Any ideas?