Using my own dataset on GCP

Hi,

I have been trying for a week but I still can’t figure out how to load my own dataset (a bunch of image folders) to a notebook on GCP. I have downloaded the images (42 folders) using CurlWget but it is impossible for me to locate them nor to use them. I don’t know how to proceed. A little guidance on how to use my own images would be extremely helpful (will untar_data work?).

Thanks!

Hi,

Please checkout lesson 2 where this is explained by Jeremy using an in-built tool/function of fastai library.

I did follow scrupulously lesson 2 but he didn’t mention how to import image folders to the cloud. I have tried to use untar_data + the url of the dataset but it didn’t work out. I tried to download the dataset using the cloud terminal but it didn’t work out either. Can you please help?

Thanks!

@youcefjd
You need to upload the URL.txt file and download the images using that, the folders are created by fastai’s helper functions.

Thanks for your reply. Do you mean that I should save the URL on a .txt file and then upload it on the notebook?