TabularPandas

I am having issues using the TabularPandas object.

When requesting the object definition with

TabularPandas??

the following is printed:

Object `TabularPandas` not found.

And when using it to assign categorical and continuous variables, as lesson 9 suggested, by running

to = TabularPandas(df, procs, cat, cont, y_names = input, splits = splits)

the following name error is printed:

NameError: name 'TabularPandas' is not defined

My understanding is that TabularPandas is defined in the fastai library. I have included the collaborative filtering, and tabular portions of the library and all of pandas:

from fastai.collab import *
from fastai.tabular import *
from pandas import *

Am I missing a library? Was TabularPandas updated or changed in recent iterations of the fastai library?

Help is appreciated.

-Simon

It appears as if the library to include has changed from fastai.tabular to fastai.tabular.core. This resolved the issue I had and is consistent with current documentation.

You’re trying to import fastai the old way. Do from fastai.tabular.all import *

This gives the error

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'fastai.tabular.all'

This worked once but is not a sustainable solution.

Are you sure fastai v2 is installed? If it’s in colab you need to run pip install fastai -U each time.

You can check with pip show fastai

I was not on version 2, but I have upgraded now by running

!pip install fastai -Uqq

from fastai.tabular.all import * still does not work and now gives the following error:

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'fastai.callback.all'; 'fastai.callback' is not a package

Restart your runtime then try

Yes, this worked.

The original issue occurred because an out-of-date version of the fastai library and out-of-date import commands were used.

The solution has been to

• make sure the most current version of fastai is being used by running !pip install fastai -Uqq (-U indicates that the library should be updated),
  • restart the runtime using Runtime > Restart runtime in the menu, and
  • import fastai.tabular.all instead of fastai.tabular or fastai.tabular.core with the following line of code:
from fastai.tabular.all import *

Thank you @muellerzr.

1 Like

Any ideas why dtreeviz would not be working despite including the updated library with

!pip install -Uqq waterfallcharts treeinterpreter dtreeviz

?

Running

dtreeviz(m,xs.iloc[samp_idx],y.iloc[samp_idx],xs.columns,"input",fontname='DejaVu Sans',scale = 1.6,label_fontsize=10,orientation='LR')

throws the following error:

NameError: name 'dtreeviz' is not defined
1 Like