Remote NLP Study Group meets Saturdays at 8 AM PST, starting 12/14/2019

Hi Enrico, sorry you had this trouble! The NLP meetups start Saturday 12/14 at 8 AM PST. Hope to see you then!

TWIML_FastAI_Logo

The Fastai NLP Study Group

will meet Saturday Dec 14th, at 8 AM PST, 11 AM EST, 5 PM CET, 9:30 PM IST

Topics: Introduction to NLP

Suggested homework or preparation:

1. Browse & familiarize with the course website
  2. Course video playlist
    Watch NLP video 1
  3. Course notebooks are available on github.
    Read through the notebook 1-what-is-nlp

Join the Zoom Meeting when it’s time!

To join via phone
Dial US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 876 9923
Meeting ID: 832 034 584

Current meetup schedule

Will try to follow lecture 1 :slight_smile: thought “tiny” has a lot of references

Hi Joseph,
Thank you for initiating the meetup.
I registered on your channel. Will the meetups have lecture-like format or will they be more discussion like? Will Rachel lead meetings or will it be based more on students and members interactions?
Thanks a lot again,
George

HI @G1900, welcome and glad to have you with us! Please note that this Study Group does not offer an “official” course from fastai.

The Study Group is for those who want to learn NLP from the course materials that Rachel created.

But Rachel is not involved in this effort; I will lead the meetings. The format will be combined lecture and interactive discussion.

1 Like

Hey, had a question - though course covers topic modelling/NER for english. Is this similar to applying to a non-english language - atleast the topic modelling?

Thanks Joseph!
Happy to work with you through the material of the course.
George

1 Like

Topic Modeling and Named Entity Recognition are general concepts that are applicable to any language, but in this course we will apply them only to English.

Slides for Sat 12/14/2019 meetup
meetup_14dec2019.pdf (251.3 KB)

5 Likes

haha, joined at end of the party, where I can see the recording?

Recordings will be made available by the TWiML team. Stay tuned to the TWiML Slack Group’s #fast_ai_nlp channel.

I built this Jupyter notebook to get people up and running on Colab for

Deep Learning From the Foundations

You can adapt it for this course. Let me know if you encounter difficulties.

3 Likes

For reference, here are the important URLs for this course

4 Likes

Hi, I missed the meetup. Is there a recording of it?

Hi @foobar8675. I’ve already answered that question on this thread.

1 Like

oh got it.

1 Like

Thanks for being at our first remote NLP meetup everyone! We had a great crowd of 54 learners in attendance. I’m excited to get this project off the ground!

If you missed the first class, it’s not too late!
(251.3 KB)

Grab the slides from the Saturday, 12/14/2019 meetup. Then catch up and join us next Saturday!

6 Likes

https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/debate-yoshua-bengio-gary-marcus-live-streaming-tickets-81620778947

1 Like

Hi all, I’m curious to know where are you from? Please tell us!
I’ll go first: I’m from Long Beach, California, USA.

Hello! I’m joining a bit late but ready for next Saturday! :slight_smile: BTW, I’m from Spain.

1 Like